Thread: A580 NAG1 Unable to raise shift points

Question A580 NAG1 Unable to raise shift points

I'm helping a friend get his car straight after he had a hacked up tune. I've got the car much better but I cannot get the tranny to shift where I'm commanding it. It will not shift above 5500 in drive. He can hit the rev limiter in manual mode, however. I'm commanding 6200RPM in normal, performance, and the WOT tables. I even tried setting "winter" mode to the same values as "normal." The car was originally tuned with a Diablosport handheld. I had him uninstall the Diablosport tune to the stock HEMI file, but it didn't make a difference. I'm wondering if I'm fighting a table the Diablosport changed that I can't see. Please take a look and see if there's any glaring problems.

If I can find a fresh 2014 Charger RT file and "write entire," would that possibly overwrite any changes from the Diablosport?

2014 Charger RT 5.7
    Scat Pack 3
    Comp 274
    Headers/Cats
    3200 Stall

2014 Charger CP A1.hpt

I always set the Normal and Performance part throttle tables something below that of the WOT tables. I think there might be an issue there. From personal experience with a 2007 charger.

I would recommend re-scaling the Output shaft speed on your Ramp Torque Tables for each gear (Under shift pressure/general/torque phase) and raising pressure up top a bit more (for firmness).

Also re-scaling the Output shaft speed under your torque management tables under transmission/upshift and try lowering the numbers there specifically. Even though it's disabled i think it might still have an effect, can't hurt to lower it, i would do something like 70 or 50 max.

Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    I always set the Normal and Performance part throttle tables something below that of the WOT tables. I think there might be an issue there. From personal experience with a 2007 charger.

I would recommend re-scaling the Output shaft speed on your Ramp Torque Tables for each gear (Under shift pressure/general/torque phase) and raising pressure up top a bit more (for firmness).

Also re-scaling the Output shaft speed under your torque management tables under transmission/upshift and try lowering the numbers there specifically. Even though it's disabled i think it might still have an effect, can't hurt to lower it, i would do something like 70 or 50 max.
    Thanks for the input. I put some space between the normal and WOT shift points and also scaled those tables like you suggested. I'm goin to hold off on messing with the firmness of the shifts until I see the car in person again. My plan is to send off this revision to him and see if it makes a difference. Thanks again!

I'd appreciate any other input regarding this issue if you have it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 08-06-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Here's a brief log of the issue. I've noticed that the output shaft RPM PID is pegged at 65,535 RPM. Could there be a bad sensor that's throwing off the shift points?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, I would think that would be a bit of an issue. On a side note, you may want to disable the FA / Cat Overtemp correction.

see on 3rd gear it's adding .0392 to fueling.

Under Fuel / Temp Control: FA Enrich Max: Set to 0
    Under the 2 Max Delta boxes set to 3002 degrees.
    Shouldn't need anything else to disable that, won't hurt to uncheck the Sensor 2 02 DTCS though. I see the cats are off already.

One other thing, I notice a lot of KR. I would command a richer pe.. something like .0160, it's 11.90 afr but trust me you'll be surprised. Might even want more but that should clear up the KR.

Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    One other thing, I notice a lot of KR. I would command a richer pe.. something like .0160, it's 11.90 afr but trust me you'll be surprised. Might even want more but that should clear up the KR.
    I noticed the KR as well. I was wondering if it was just the PCM preventatively pulling timing because of how hot the day was. If you look at the temps on the logs it was really cooking. There was no audible knock, but I know that's not an excuse. Next time I get with the car I'll make sure the knock is real and adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the COT suggestion.

This car has had so many problems. I've been slowly working through everything trying to get it straight. I really want to get this car working right for this guy.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
    Here's a brief log of the issue. I've noticed that the output shaft RPM PID is pegged at 65,535 RPM. Could there be a bad sensor that's throwing off the shift points?
    Ever figure out why the output shaft is reading that way? Mine is doing the same thing.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Ever figure out why the output shaft is reading that way? Mine is doing the same thing.
    Mine is doing the same thing. Please advise if it is figured out..

Potential Tuner

Output speed sensor

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing. Please advise if it is figured out..
    Make sure you pick the correct channel. Pick both when you search for the word "trans" and see which one reads.