Thread: How I Entered Data for Deatschwerks 78lb/hr Injectors

Tuner in Training

How I Entered Data for Deatschwerks 78lb/hr Injectors

Hello all this is how I did it. Not a pro so not labeled as "how-to." This was done after installing https://www.deatschwerks.com/18u-00-0078-8. Their injector tuning data is available on their website https://www.deatschwerks.com/ford-calibration-summaries. I selected my engine type/year and injector model https://www.deatschwerks.com/sites/w...-%2018U-78.xls.

Most of this is copy any paste however make sure the units are the same. Also notice DW refers to High slope while ford lists this as High flow (opposite relationship from stock tune, stock Flow Rate Low was a higher number and vice-versa)

For the rest of these just know you can click on the unit type i.e.Volts and change the preset points.

Hope this helps someone out there.pressure2.jpgvoltage.jpghigh slope.jpgbreakpoint.jpgvoltage2.jpglow slope.jpgbreakpoint2.jpgpressure.jpgmultiplier.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by suprmario96; 08-06-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by suprmario96 View Post
    Also notice DW refers to High(pressure) slope while ford lists this as Low flow(high pressure)
    Are you sure about this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    nope, logging showed that difference right away. I swapped them and was within 5% fueling. I'm going to call DW and have them clarify, I think they're using SCT naming conventions or something. Editing my first post to show the right way.

general.jpg
    Last edited by suprmario96; 08-06-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    you have it correct now

although most injectors have a low slope higher than the high slope alot of larger injectors have poor low pulsewidth control which makes the low slope lower than the high slope

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    you have it correct now

although most injectors have a low slope higher than the high slope alot of larger injectors have poor low pulsewidth control which makes the low slope lower than the high slope
    thank you sir, that makes sense, was just having trouble with what each party calls the same parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by suprmario96 View Post
    nope, logging showed that difference right away. I swapped them and was within 5% fueling. I'm going to call DW and have them clarify, I think they're using SCT naming conventions or something. Editing my first post to show the right way.

general.jpg
    good, now it's correct.