Thread: 2010 Procharged Challenger WOT shift issues

Potential Tuner

2010 Procharged Challenger WOT shift issues

I am not a dodge tuner, yet, and I am trying to help out a friend. He has been told that the transmission needs replacement. Just want to make sure before sending him that way. I have attached 2 logs, one with the trans in D and the other is slapshifting. It seems that it is either in a delayed shift mode at times. It has no trans related codes, but has had a rear gear change to a 3.92. It also doesn't going into WOT shifting, assuming because the pedal is not at 98% like the tune requires. I may be completely wrong. Just looking for any advice. This is not my tune. I am only trying to help him out. It's been like this since the day it was tuned though. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Bump... thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Curturbo View Post
    I am not a dodge tuner, yet, and I am trying to help out a friend. He has been told that the transmission needs replacement. Just want to make sure before sending him that way. I have attached 2 logs, one with the trans in D and the other is slapshifting. It seems that it is either in a delayed shift mode at times. It has no trans related codes, but has had a rear gear change to a 3.92. It also doesn't going into WOT shifting, assuming because the pedal is not at 98% like the tune requires. I may be completely wrong. Just looking for any advice. This is not my tune. I am only trying to help him out. It's been like this since the day it was tuned though. Thanks.
    So that I understand what you're saying is......The trans is blowing past the commanded shift point?

Tuner in Training
    do you have any trans or ABS codes coming up? also do you have the factory trans tune file. i do not have a 2010 R/T Nag1 i do however have a 2012 SRT Nag1 file and there are A LOT of differences between the two that could be causing the hang shift issue. Also under shift scheduling scaling the WOT output speed signal to compensate for the gear change works for some, and causes problems for others that i have seen but best to start with a fresh stock tune file and go from there. let me know if you have the stock file or not and ill try to track one down.
    6.1 based 426 stroker fully forged 11.5:1 compression.,Thitek CNC 6.1 Heads, RLD H5 Camshaft, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Hellcat cnc ported TB, FIC 725 cc/min injectors, Legmaker CAI, UPR catch can, BBE 3in exhaust, 3k stall converter , Paramount Nag1, 1K Hp driveshaft and axels, Wavetrac LSD. 400 shot laughing gas on progressive controller. Fore dual pumps with fc3 controller.

Did you change the gear ratio in the Tune? Still showing stock ratio!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kronalogi.wireless@gmail. View Post
    Did you change the gear ratio in the Tune? Still showing stock ratio!
    Exactly. The TCM uses the wheel speed sensors as the transmission output speed. If the gear ratio is not updated, then the gear change will not play nice with the TCM. Change gear ratio in Scanner.