Thread: Is the 14.7:1 cruise AFR target on M156 REALLY hard coded?

Tuner in Training

Is the 14.7:1 cruise AFR target on M156 REALLY hard coded?

Is the 14.7:1 cruise AFR target on M156 REALLY hard coded or is it just a flag or table that has not yet been discovered by HPTuners?

This large capacity high compression engine has huge pumping losses and I'm desperate to get the light load stuff to around 15.5:1 to reduce pumping losses. I've had great success with doing the same on other vehicles.

Tuner in Training
    I've had a reply to my old ticket and there are some new tables to try in the latest beta

They only work for one ROM firmware by the looks. Only a 2014 example file I have shows them so they're working on adding them to the others.

I can't wait to try them. If we can target 1.04:1 at idle and 1.08:1 at light driving loads and cruise, economy should improve substantially and no more catless smell and black stuff. I've seen big improvements on even much smaller and lower compression engines. The gains should be even more profound on an M156. Timing will need to be added to suit as the leaner you go, the slower the flame front speed.

Target Lambda Adder.jpg

hi bradsm87, happen to have any updates to the latest beta and the new maps?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
    hi bradsm87, happen to have any updates to the latest beta and the new maps?
    No unfortunately by the time these maps were defined, I lost motivation in tuning the C63 and am busy with other things but I'd like to re-visit it hopefully in a few months after doing decat and X-pipe.