Thread: MVPI-PRO 4.0.12 different laptops question

Potential Tuner

MVPI-PRO 4.0.12 different laptops question

I am going to have my car tuned in the near future and want to give the tuner my mvpi-pro (old style) cable to tune with so I don't have to re-pay for the credits I have already unlocked. We tried plugging it in my buddies laptop and it gave an error for authentication. In an effort to not screw up anyone's accounts or settings, can the tuner use my cable on his machine and would it effect either of our accounts or how would he have to go about it. I am purely curious how this works and have yet to discuss this with his as he is very busy. I also am curious on the compatibility on if for say he has a different version above the 4.0.12 will that cause in future problems if I want to tweak my tune with my older version. I am only tuning 98-02 f bodys and I don't want to update the software as I have heard there are issues with the newer updates. Thanks for the reading and all feedback will be helpful, again I am a newbie and apologize for the improper terminology.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you can, you just need to insert your app key into the editor software under help-application keys
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks! So once he?s done he will just have to re enter his? Any problems using different software versions?

Potential Tuner
    When I tried to use the scanner and editor on my computer it is saying "invalid application key" after I got my car back from being tuned on his laptop and I am trying to use my MVPI back on my laptop. How do I rectify this issue? Thanks