Thread: In tank fuel pump running time

Potential Tuner

In tank fuel pump running time

I have installed an L83 in a 1988 Silverado. The in-tank fuel pump is from a TPI engine and then a Corvette -00 fuel pressure regulator keeps the right pressure to the high pressure fuel pump.
    I am running on E85 and need to crank for a long time when cold starting. If I just turn on the ignition to let the in tank pump run, it starts faster, but the pump is only running for a short while when the key is turned to ignition. The relay for the pump is initiated by the engine ECU. Is it possible to adjust so that the in tank pump runs for a longer time when key is in ignition? I can't find any settings for this in VCM editor. Of course I can use another source to initiate the relay, that isn't coming from the ECU, if no other way is possible.
    Thankful for any advise.
    Tomas from Sweden

Tuner
    Have not seen any settings regarding that and they are probably not available since the L83 always came with a FPCM and fuel pressure sensor. Maybe try a nonreturn valve on the pressure line to keep fuel from draining back to the tank?
    Where are you located? I am in Sk?ne, Sweden with a turbo L83 swapped -72 firebird =)

Advanced Tuner
    Some calibrations have a fuel pump prime time setting. Post the tune