Thread: Kenne Bell 3.6, monoblade 168, boss 302 bypass question

Advanced Tuner

Kenne Bell 3.6, monoblade 168, boss 302 bypass question

It?s an odd place to ask about hardware, but there seem to be collectively more intelligent experienced people here that are willing to help.

My problem.
    2012 boss 302. Kenne bell 3.6, id1000 return fuel, 168mm Kenne bell mono blade, e85.

I first struggled with surging. I seem to have gotten that pretty ironed out. I found out that the injector data is entered incorrectly and the fuel pressure table was not reflective of the actual pressure. I?m going to fix that and retune. No biggie.

The issue is the transition into boost. It?s violent lol. I was thinking that a restriction on the bypass valve signal line might help to slow that transition and soften the blow of that valve closing. No amount of tune adjustment has been able to account for the transition into boost under decent throttle. It has been an annoying bug that I?ve been chasing.

Anyone ever try slowing the bypass valve down? I know I read about a Magnuson kit that comes with a restrictive in the line for that purpose on dodge kits that they remove for quicker boost delivery.

I?m going to tinker more this weekend with it, and if nothing works it?s still very drivable it just is a stiff kick in the pants when it wants to make power lol.

It can definitely help to slow the bypass valve.

I spec'd out a really trick valve that has fully adjustable restriction in the bypass closing direction, and unrestricted flow in the bypass open direction. You can wind it all the way shut and effectively make the car NA, if someone unqualified needs to drive it.

PM me, I can cut you a deal on one.

Advanced Tuner
    Pm Sent, thanks for the reply!