Thread: High idle while car is rolling.

Potential Tuner

High idle while car is rolling.

I have a friend with a 2004 Corvette LS6 with a 6 speed. He just had a cam installed and tuned. It runs good but the tuner wasn't able to resolve the high idle while the car is rolling. Once the car stops the idle drops down to about 800 rpm. I'm new to tuning and would like to figure this out. Any ideas where to look?

Tuner
    Post the file and a log. It could be a few different things, it might have too much base running airflow or throttle cracker.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner
    Base running airflow is at 16.5 g/s which is way too high. At operating temp, I would start with 10.5 g/s. Do a base running airflow log from a cold start until it reaches operating temp. Make sure the cooling fans don't turn on. Your fan turn on temp is at 190F, so raise those up a little so you can reach the higher temps on your base running airflow table. Just remember to return the fans back to the settings you had them at. Also i wouldn't have both fans turn on at the same time, have the second fan turn on 5-10F higher than fan 1 temp.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black