Thread: HPTuners MPVI2 and Innovate LM-2 Wideband

Tuner in Training

HPTuners MPVI2 and Innovate LM-2 Wideband

Guys,

Has anyone had luck in getting the LM-2 wideband to talk to the Scanner via serial/usb port? I got it working one time and saved the channel list. The next time I plug in, wideband disappears when I connect to the car. Now when I set it up I'm getting 500 around stoich, I'm assuming raw millivolts. When I try to transform the reading the save button is dead. Does anyone any suggestions? I have more time in the getting the wide band to talk than I have in building the calibration.

Thanks,

Aaron

Tuner in Training
    Guys,

I got the LM-2 sorted tonight and working. Hopefully it stays that way. Here's the hardware set up:

1. use Innovate four wire serial cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2. use serial to usb cable adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the Scanner set up:
    1. add channel, serial port and pick innovate LM-2 from the list (A/F or EQ Ratio, your choice)
    2. opposite click on the channel, hit transform
    3. click on parameter option and pick transforms, oxygen sensors, Air-fuel ratio or EQ Ratio (your choice)
    4. click on Innovate - LM-2
    5. Click yes, it's good
    6. In function, type in (input/68.05) + 7.36 = output for A/F ratio; or use (input/1024) + 0.5 = output for EQ Ratio
    7. Job done

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum.

Aaron

Do you still need the Pro Link add-in to do this?

I know this is an old post, but this sparked a thought for me. I’m building a twin turbo C10, will I need to do the same for both widebands? I’m also using the Innovate setup, and this is a good point.
    Building Cool Stuff
    Control is the Key
    IG: @TheDirtyDianah

Potential Tuner
    I'm wondering where this formula came from? is there any documentation for this?
    I'm trying to set up an LC-2 wondering if it is going to be the same.

Potential Tuner
    asquinton,

I know this is old but trying all your instruction does not seem to work for me. i purchased the exact items you recommended and went through each step but everytime i start to scan the channel disappears. would you happen to know why.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
    Do you still need the Pro Link add-in to do this?
    Nope

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHF70508 View Post
    asquinton,

I know this is old but trying all your instruction does not seem to work for me. i purchased the exact items you recommended and went through each step but everytime i start to scan the channel disappears. would you happen to know why.
    Man I don't, mine was hit and miss on that for quite some time. There was set up problem in the LM-2 hand held I had to sort. Let me see if I can remember what it was.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHF70508 View Post
    asquinton,

I think I remember now. Somehow the wide band sensor set up got changed in the hand held LM-2. My sensor was set up as an LSU 4.2 when I had an LSU 4.9. Check your Bosch sensor part number and confirm if the sensor set up is correct. It starts on page 7 of the LM-2 owners manual. I'm 95% sure that was it the last time I had problems.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/...LM2_Manual.pdf