Thread: Mustang GT 2006 Automatic with Roush M90 is roasting his exhaust

Tuner in Training

Question Mustang GT 2006 Automatic with Roush M90 is roasting his exhaust

Hey guys, actually I was trying to get a CAI running on my 2006 GT Roush M90 (5 psi) but I went into a lot of problems, now with my original Air box on I discovered that my car is running way to hot. I mean the cat temps exceed the 900-920 ?C level. I tried to let the car run very rich, with moderate timing but it is still getting to hot. Also I can bring the car over 245 km/h it has way to less power in the upper range (my resulting in the rich fuel command). The cats still look ok, so they are not clogged.

Please the a look at the tune an the log file, I have no more ideas what I could do....

ps.: does the Mustang measure the cat temp via the resistance of the O2 sensor heating element, or is it a 100% calculated value?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    its an estimated value there are no cat temp sensors

Tuner in Training
    Do you know that values in the hp tune have influence on this calculated Temperatur?

Advanced Tuner
    I believe just the exhaust temp table. If memory serves me correctly it good by RPM and load.

Advanced Tuner
    Under what driving condition(s) is this occurring? Your very rich toward the top, this can be hard on cats.
    Last edited by B E N; 08-09-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I have made the table rich at bottom to prevent the cat overheating. Before the lambda on top was 0.82 and this was even worse (the cat got hot in a few seconds).

This also occurs when I accelerate with 30% throttle (slow acceleration) in the last gear (from 80km/h at about 1900 1/min to 130 km/h). In this condition the temp slowly moves over the 900?C mark.

Advanced Tuner
    spark plays more in to the temp equation than fuel. If you haven't dialed in the mbt table and its modifiers for the actual timing your running then the whole calc could be out to lunch. Since its an auto the mbt table should be dialed in regardless as the torque reserve will manipulate line pressure as well.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/