Thread: LSA\6l90 swap, TUTD activated but not shifting

Potential Tuner

Post LSA\6l90 swap, TUTD activated but not shifting

Good day everyone, so i have an LsA\6l90 swaped Nissan patrol (y61), engine is brand new (stock), transmission is coming of a ZL1 camaro brought from the junk yard (year is unknown) , Ecu is e38 (2011 GMC sierra). shifter used is the OEM Nissan shifter hardwired in the same way as the corvette harness (resistors and wiring done by a professional guy who knows what he is doing and did more than 30 6l80\90 swaps on the same exact car so wiring is ok ) this guy used to deal with a tuner to run the TUTD in these beasts but he left to Mexico and we never know anything about him, anyways i tried to change the TUTD settings and the speed tables and i could activate the TUTD, i can see it in the scanner (trans shift mode : TUTD) when the selector is in D5 which is the same place of the TUTD switchs but it wont shift up or down if i move the leaver to the +\- positions (i raised the shift speed on TUTD tables so that i have full manual control) so the mode is activated but it needs to have the order to shift (i think), i tried to lower the shift speeds in TUTD mode to see if the trans shifts in this mode and it actually shifts (Automatically) , when i go back to D6 position it activates the normal mode and trans shifts automatically 1-6 and back to 1 with no issues . Am I missing something ? Attached is the tune file if that helps..

here is the Nissan shifter , it only has PRND go to the left then TUTD, but i was able to make the shift range positions closer in the 6l90 selector so in the range of PRND of the Nissan's shifter i actually got P-R-N-D6-D5 and when i move it to the left side which is the place of the TUTD switches it stays in D5
    756x900-1_-ASx7vQ5847dENA.jpg
    Last edited by hassan.choker; 08-09-2019 at 03:36 AM.