Thread: Power Enrich Fuel IAT Adder

Potential Tuner

Power Enrich Fuel IAT Adder

Are any of you using this? On my 2001 Z06 Corvette, there are no adders, it's all 0. Seems like a good idea to use this table.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynne View Post
    Are any of you using this? On my 2001 Z06 Corvette, there are no adders, it's all 0. Seems like a good idea to use this table.
    Mine are all 0 out as well
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

yeah man hell yeah, I use all of that. Not all the ECU have those tables so count yourself lucky.

afr advance is another great one,

I put a variable resistor on the IAT wire, when combined with those tables it gives you real-time control on a dial of timing and a/f ratio
    0-1000ohms gives about 20*F of adjustment range

so if the temp is 80*F and you wanted more timing and fuel temporarily simply dial it down to 60*F for example
    or you can program it in reverse and have it add fuel with increasing temperature. Thats the beauty of these customizable graphs.
    You can set it up to do 'something' whatever you have in mind

combined with transmission map switching the driving experience is entirely customized on the fly.....
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 08-09-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Can you explain how the Spark IAT Base, Mult and Mult2 work with the High and Low Octane tables

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    spark iat base sets an ignition value to be pulled or added (depending on cell value sign +/-) under the conditions set by the row and column axis of the spark iat base table. Mult and Mult 2 multiply the spark iat base value being commanded by whatever value is listed in the active mult table to change the effectiveness of the spark iat base during other conditions. if the mult table has a value of 1.0 then it runs the commanded value of the spark iat base table at full listed value. if less than 1, say 0.8, then 80% of the spark base will be commanded. If larger than 1, say 1.2, then an additional 20% more of the spark base will be commanded.

in my experiences i leave both mult tables set to 1.0 so they have no effect. i then make all my corrections through the spark iat base only. its user preference but the description above is how it works.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    One more question that I cannot find a answer to. How and when does the ECU select the Low Octane Table. I know when I tune and disable the MAF, it uses the Low Octane table. Are there conditions besides the MAF fail that use the Low Octane Table?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynne View Post
    One more question that I cannot find a answer to. How and when does the ECU select the Low Octane Table. I know when I tune and disable the MAF, it uses the Low Octane table. Are there conditions besides the MAF fail that use the Low Octane Table?
    From what i read it jumps back and forth. When it detects knock it uses the low..
    Last edited by anniversaryss; 08-17-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi