Thread: wont start

Tuner in Training

wont start

Here is a short log file when the motor wouldnt start
    If you go to the first O2 spike (green) and compare the two banks one is .7 volts and the other is .08. Also the LTFTs are way off from bank one to bank 2. Could this be the reason for the no start and what would cause this

In another file where the motor is running the 2 banks of O2s are almost the same but the fuel trims are still way different.
    Whnewidlemoresparkstart.hplnewidlemoresparkstart.hply wouldnt they be the same

Tuner in Training
    Sorry that was the wrong file but if you watch that file youll see the o2mv swing wildly from .8 to .08 back and forth on one bank ???????

Here is the no start log filenewidlemorespark.hpl

O2 sensors aren't using during start up and your engine is still cold enough to stay in open loop without o2 sensor control for a little while anyway.

You can clear/reset the trims with the VCM scanner if you want too as well.

Something else is missing if it won't start. Bad crank/cam signal, no spark, no fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    O2 sensors aren't using during start up and your engine is still cold enough to stay in open loop without o2 sensor control for a little while anyway.

Something else is missing if it won't start. Bad crank/cam signal, no spark, no fuel.
    Ok I get that the PCM isnt using the O2 data on start up. However, shouldnt the sensors read around the same given that the pulse width is the same on both banks? Is it possible that one bank is way too rich or one bank is way too lean and thats why its not starting?
    In other words if the injectors or one or 2 injectors are malfunctioning, the computer wouldnt know, the pulse width wold look right but it would be too rich or too lean on one bank?
    Last edited by stangman105; 08-11-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

After much cussing and scratching my head I found two problems. One was a fuel pump issue (long story) the other was wait for it bad cam position sensor. You called it should have listened but the sensor was new so I tended to rule it out. Starts everytime now