Thread: 4l60e no automatic shifting up or down.

Potential Tuner

4l60e no automatic shifting up or down.

Long time stalker, first time poster.

Rebuilt the trans with Transgo HD2 kit. Trans came with the car so built it while having a TH350 in it.
    Heres the problem. If I have it in 4th it will not downshift when I come to a stop to start in 1st. Actually it works like a full manual valve body now except that it will downshift when I get on it. Whatever gear I have it in is where it stays. Shifts very good using the shifter. I have replaced every solenoid and the scanner shows MPH but occasionally the wrong gear. I have also had an intermittent VSS code, but again the scanner shows speed.

Ill try to attach a file so you gurus can help a brother out if I messed up a setting. BTW I did use the Bluecat software for my gears (4:10) stall (3600) and tire size (28) starting with a base 2002 Fbody trans tune which this trans is from by the stickers. I have a 2004 GTO P59 PCM if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    nothing?

Tuner
    gertrudestoretohome 8-14-19.hpl

here is one of my log files. need to setup some of these channels and log it so we can see whats happening. how many 4l60s had you built before this one? did you fully disassemble/clean valve body or just work on holes related to HD2 kit? if you put it in OD from park, does it take gear or a neutral condition?

Potential Tuner
    Ill get it logged with your file this weekend.
    Complete disassembly of trans and valvebody. Also installed Sonnax pinless accumulator pistons.
    In OD from park it goes into 1st. As soon as I stop it wont downshift back into first.

Thanks.

Tuner
    how does it behave if you start and drive in manual 3 (no overdrive)? trying to narrow it down