Thread: Fan Setting for 180 T-stat

Fan Setting for 180 T-stat

So I have the car all dialed it and its running very strong. But I am having a heck of a time getting the fans to run so that the car is able to hold temps like it did when I was running Diablosports. I currently have the fans set at 190 high speed ECT, 190 med speed ECT and low speed 181 ECT in both A/C on and off. High speed mode I have them set at 194, 194 and 185. car maintains 185 all day long on the highway, intown I am seeing the car swing from 180 to 195, so I am not either getting the high speed to come on soon enough or my setting are not as aggressive as they should be. I lost the settings I had used prior to making a switch to HP, so just trying to find settings that will provide more stable temps. I know I am being picky, but I was able to do this in the past.

Thanks!

Car is a 2007 Charger R/T with a 407 stroker

Advanced Tuner
    Most sellers of 180 Tsat recommend the following settings.

High fan setting - 194
    Med fan setting - 192
    Low fan setting - 189

I wouldn't drop the temps from these setting otherwise your fan(s) will be constantly on and may result in early fan motor failure as the OEM fans are not designed for continuous operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Most sellers of 180 Tsat recommend the following settings.

High fan setting - 194
    Med fan setting - 192
    Low fan setting - 189

I wouldn't drop the temps from these setting otherwise your fan(s) will be constantly on and may result in early fan motor failure as the OEM fans are not designed for continuous operation.

Ill try those, I was under the impression that we did not have a medium speed setting. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyDaytona View Post
    Ill try those, I was under the impression that we did not have a medium speed setting. Thanks!
    Correct, the chargers/challengers don't have a medium setting...but doesn't hurt to make the change.