Thread: C6 Z06 - LSX 454 Big Cam Idle and Cruise Tune Help

Potential Tuner

C6 Z06 - LSX 454 Big Cam Idle and Cruise Tune Help

Hi guys,

I have 2008 C6 Z06 with a stroker LSX 454 heads, cam. The car is already tuned for WOT, however, my tuner is not able to figure out how to fine tune the idle and the low speed (parking lot) driving. The car keeps bucking, surging, wanting to stall at low speeds and it actually does stall at times. Also, when I rev it in idle the RPM drops to near 0 and wants to stall but keeps trying to search for the idle speed until it finds it and stabilizes. Its nothing mechanical, I checked everything, even changed the TB, plugs, wires, tensioner, cranksahft position sensor, ignition starter, and MAF sensor. I had other cars tuned by the same tuner and when it comes to big cams, he is not that great. His WOT tunes are perfect. His boosted setup tunes are also amazing but when it comes to big cam full NA setups, he is not able to tune for drivability. Nothing and no one's perfect I guess.

I know there are lots of setups out there that are running way bigger cams that are much tamer and more drivable.

My cam is 248/256 .662"/.662" 114LSA +4

I have attached a log file and the tune file.

I would highly appreciate any help I get on this. I hate driving the car and would like to drive it more but I need to fix this first. Been trying to find a solution for the past few months.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    id start but increasing the idle rpm 700-750 is low for that size cam even try 850-900 till u can at least get it going right then u can see if it goes lower after that, match the two idle startup tables park/gear, also your cooling fan airflow is jacked right up, also going to have to get the EOIT better for that cam try zero out the normal rpm, make the normal ECT all 80 it wont be perfect but it should help and u will have to check fueling again as it will prob go rich, also spark smoothing the middle is 20 if u can change the top and bottom to half what they are, also the idle adaptive spark correction tables are still in use when rolling coasting ect so u will have to see if too much is being removed or added and adjust the table to suit, if idle stationary is ok then leave the P/N tables just focus on the gear and coast, also throttle follower torque table can help too if its too low or too high, just a few tests and observations can take a while to get it all right, prob turn off all the wheel hop control also
    Last edited by 07GTS; 08-12-2019 at 08:20 AM.

For what it’s worth.. WOT tuning is probably the easiest thing to do...
    Takes someone who knows what their doing to control idle speed, off idle, throttle rev and return, light throttle drivability etc..

If I get a moment I’ll look

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    lots of shortcuts in your file, especially that SD has been eliminated with a big stroker and cam SD would help alot.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161