Thread: H/C/I 5.3 2008 Yukon Tuner help!

Potential Tuner

H/C/I 5.3 2008 Yukon Tuner help!

I'll try to make this as brief yet descriptive as possible, 2007 Yukon I rebuilt motor, ported heads ls7 lifters comp 214/218 cam long tubes ported TB etc. Truck runs ok but I have issues when coming thru parking lots the idle jumps from 300 to 1000 rpm and it's a bastard to try and get my boat into the ramp. Other issue is trans going into lockup and bounces out anytime I hit 60mph or more. No codes and runs ok I just feel the tune could be better. I have my own Suite2 and would honestly rather learn to tune myself as I build all my own motors, I just feel the trucks got way more in it and I'd like to get recommendations on who to use to help with tuning, I'm not asking for a free tuning lesson and it's not a daily so we can tune as we both have time and I'll happily compensate whomever just want it right.

Post the tune friend

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Post the tune friend
    I prolly should of wrote that, I didn't tune it with my Hp it was a friend who frankly does really good tuning on ls platforms and is very talented but as he's gotten older he's slacked off and I think he's just tired so I'd rather learn to tune myself. My racecar has fueltech but good lord it's less complicated then Hp.

If I go into my Hp I should be able to view his tune correct? The current time I mean, sorry if I sound like a idiot but this is nothing like what I've used over the yrs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Post the tune friend
    Won't let me PM you just yet but if you have a email I'll get you the file as well as any other info you'd like.