Thread: Anyone having trans issues in OLSD?

Anyone having trans issues in OLSD?

Have an L83 truck with a turbo, circle D converter, & cam that Im trying to VVE tune before going on to tune the MAF but it's doing something weird. It will randomly in park or neutral act like it's under load, I'm watching the engine delivered torque and map rise as it does this, also it will drop below commanded idle rpm & open the throttle slightly more to compensate . When I kill it, as it's having the issue you can feel that it was physically under load. I just want to make sure the issue isn't related to OLSD before I start looking into possible transmission issues.
    Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 08-13-2019 at 09:23 AM.

99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Tuner
    This sounds a lot like what my truck was doing when my virtual torque tables were messed up in the idle ranges.
    If it is forcing the idle down I think that means the torque tables are too high, meaning the ecu thinks it is making too much torque at idle, which is likely from the cam change.

This of course assumes you don't have some other trans issue.

Tuner in Training
    have you changed idle torque limit tables? can u post the tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hines View Post
    have you changed idle torque limit tables? can u post the tune?
    No I haven't the cam is small and it seemed to run very well after the VVE was in the ballpark.TUNE FILE.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    One thing I noticed is that you should set the row axis on the high pressure desired back to stock (but leave the values for the lt4 setup). This thing is commanding 20MPA of rail pressure at idle.

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    One thing I noticed is that you should set the row axis on the high pressure desired back to stock (but leave the values for the lt4 setup). This thing is commanding 20MPA of rail pressure at idle.
    Thanks for pointing that out I didn?t catch that. Looked for info on LT4 HPFP & injector swap but didn?t really find much, I have the Banish Blu-ray too btw.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out I didn?t catch that. Looked for info on LT4 HPFP & injector swap but didn?t really find much, I have the Banish Blu-ray too btw.
    yeah, everything looks right but that axis is always problematic if I touch it

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    yeah, everything looks right but that axis is always problematic if I touch it
    Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.