Thread: 00 gmc sierra 5.3

Tuner in Training

00 gmc sierra 5.3

Iam going to try and tune my truck for good pointers where should i start on makeing a great tune. The only thing i have done is dual exhaust 4l60e with corvette servo and 4.10 gears first time tuning and just need a good starting point

It's really hard to just tell you something if you are so new to the tuning world. Half of what we or I say may just put you in a blank stair forever.

You're best bet is to play with the scanner, watch what is happening and see how those readings transfer over into what the tune says. Like airflow readings from the MAF, the VE tables. How the timing tables are looked at based upon rpm and cylinder airmass. Commanded air fuel ratio's. Setting up the scanner is key to tuning. Needing tons of data is very helpful.

Things like rpm, speed, commanded afr, o2 sensors, fuel trims, knock retard, ignition advanced, cylinder airmass, injector pulse width avg, intake temps, coolant temps, fuel system status and many more all things you want to watch.

It takes most people months or years to really get some of this down. Watch video's, buy a book or two to get yourself familiar with how the computer functions.

Because to be frank, there is a ton of shit you can do but it all comes down to what you know and what the vehicles application is capable of doing. Don't expect anything world changing on a stock vehicle but you can still make it do what you want for the most part.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    tuned file -2 less spark.hpttuned file.hptthis it the tune I played with

Tuner in Training
    let me know what I should address

Tuner
    great info here , a wideband setup is probably in your best interest before you start the tuning process.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...s-Video-Guides