Thread: 2004.5 LLY Dyno Results

Tuner

2004.5 LLY Dyno Results

Curious what you guys are getting out of a 100% stock LLY? I was able to get 400hp and 772ftlbs before rail pressure really started to drop off. This is the first Dmax I've tuned (my friends), though I've done lots of common rail Cummins. Exhaust does not smoke once the turbo lights, makes 32 psi of boost, but if I add any more duration rail pressure drops off significantly and power does not increase. I told him its time for a lift pump, ill post the tune and a data log later when get to my laptop. What are the limits of a stock LLY?
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs

Tuner
    Here is the tune and the data log. I know rail pressure is low compared to desired, hopefully a lift pump will help that out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs

Tuner in Training
    I wanted to say I copied tables from your tune and applied them to my truck, and my goodness this tune rips!

Some complements though, smokes like crazy until it builds boost then it's clear. My truck absolutely moves with this tune and puts down the torque but I have such an issue putting the truck into a fuel limp mode. It's happened so many times and doing a 70mph pull in boost will trigger it within 30 seconds, and it happens fairly easily whenever I go do a pull. I've had the tune on my truck a day and a half and have put it into a fuel limp mode probably close to 10 times and a 5th gear trans limp once.

I notice that it adjusts the timing quite a bit and that the truck sounds crazy different!

I think for me I'm going to work on a lighter tune for my truck, I did order a fuel rail plug so hopefully that may help a tiny bit, but I'm going to work on a more ideal tune for my truck. I believe this tune just calls for more fuel than the stock system can support and that a lift pump is necessary.

Anyway, awesome tune and thank you for sharing it!!