Thread: 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 E85 Tuning Help

Potential Tuner

2019 Mustang GT 5.0 E85 Tuning Help

Wanted to start first by thanking everyone for the incredible information that is available on here! Mainly bought the MPVI2 to learn the tuning and something to tinker with and the forums have definitely kept me busy with the learning! Looking for a little feedback/insight on first tune, I have attached the tune & (2) logs (Sorry for all the PIDs, I cleaned up the list after).

First log is first start/idle, as you can see STFT go from lean (+7) at warm start idle (1k RPM) but as idle starts to come down to base idle (750RPM) trims go way rich (-16). Spark is all over the place during these times - is this causing it? I haven't started to make spark changes yet (wanted to get fuel dialed in first.) Can the stock MAF curve need adjusting? Did I Make incorrect fuel corrections?

Car is bone 2019 GT 5.0 Manual, other than LUND's ngauge & tunes (I return to stock and mess with my stock file, not theirs). Car has ran their E85R tune for 3500 miles on fuel tested @ 85% with no problem so I know it's not a fuel issue

Thanks!

E85 Rev_1.hpt REV1_Start_Idle.hpl REV1_SlowRev.hpl
    Last edited by 5OHMG; 08-13-2019 at 06:07 AM. Reason: typo

Advanced Tuner
    Idle timing is controlled by the ecu, it varies timing to keep a steady idle.

You need to go thru your tune and make sure you have every FFV table populated. For example your WOT flex lambda is still 1.0 which is very lean. You have a ways to go still but your on the right path.

Potential Tuner
    My understanding was that for tuning for dedicated E85 only (not flex fuel) you do not have to populate these? I have a solid working flex tune I did before this that I would be able to copy over those values.

Potential Tuner
    Pretty sure I found my mistake, entered the base stoich AFR incorrectly should have been closer to 10 (E85 tests around 81% where I fill up). Could be wrong but I believe this should help correct the 2-3% error I had right off the bat... Will report back.