Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 2001 LPE TT Z06...emissions problems...

  1. #1
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26

    2001 LPE TT Z06...emissions problems...

    Hey all,
    I'm an older member reaching out for some assistance since it has been a LOOOOONG while since I used this software.
    I have a 2001 Z06 modified by both LPE in 2002 and Vengeance Racing in 2014.
    I am trying to get the car thru emissions and am getting two readiness codes "Not Ready": Oxygen Sensor and Secondary Air System
    Everything else in the test is either Not Supported or Ready; Catalyst, Fuel System, Misfire, Oxygen Sensor Heated - these came back Ready.
    I've attached a couple of screen shots of the Diagnostics screen to show how things have been set.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this thing to pass?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    518
    I think , but dont we quote me, that any item deleted like the rear O2s still need to have the SES enable box checked.

    Either way if youre having trouble with certain things not passing i hear through the grape vine set that diagnostic code to 3 " no error report" , should come up auto ready.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 234/244 cam, 4l80e, Dana 60.

  3. #3
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    518
    After doing some reading you most def need to have the SES enabled box checked on any emissions related code you have set to "no error report" in order to force ready the code.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 234/244 cam, 4l80e, Dana 60.

  4. #4
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    After doing some reading you most def need to have the SES enabled box checked on any emissions related code you have set to "no error report" in order to force ready the code.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

  5. #5
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    518
    No problem. Im trying to learn as much as i can and help out as much as i can.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 234/244 cam, 4l80e, Dana 60.

  6. #6
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    No problem. Im trying to learn as much as i can and help out as much as i can.
    It's funny, I asked the exact same tuning question on corvetteforum and one member said to uncheck the SES while running mode 3...however, what I have also read on this forum after doing a bit of searching, thanks for the suggestion, is that you seem to be correct from the info I have read locally here.

  7. #7
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    518
    Yeah no. I already knew this information i just had to re confirm i was correct. As a test check the boxes put to "no error report" and run the monitor test after. See if they say ready. Not a ton of people want to talk about this information.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 234/244 cam, 4l80e, Dana 60.

  8. #8
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26
    Yea, I can understand that.
    Thanks for your help.

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Turn on/ "check" every single emissions SES that was related to the Y/M/M and then switch them all to 'No Error Reported'. If you do that then the Readiness Monitors needed for emissions will all read complete.
    ...... Additionally... If you're running LTs or a higher flowing intake you might throw a lean code on your way in so you may wanna do a "No Error Reported" on your lean codes as well. Just a thought. lol
    Last edited by WS6Rampage; 08-21-2019 at 03:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    518
    Vrybad
    Did you pass yet?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 234/244 cam, 4l80e, Dana 60.

  11. #11
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26
    Car is still on my lift...have to fix a couple small things but don't have a lot of time to get it through...reg is coming up for renewal by November IIRC...

  12. #12
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6Rampage View Post
    Turn on/ "check" every single emissions SES that was related to the Y/M/M and then switch them all to 'No Error Reported'. If you do that then the Readiness Monitors needed for emissions will all read complete.
    ...... Additionally... If you're running LTs or a higher flowing intake you might throw a lean code on your way in so you may wanna do a "No Error Reported" on your lean codes as well. Just a thought. lol
    Thanks, I'll check all that.
    Appreciate the input.