Thread: Stroker 3v Maf Tuning Help

Stroker 3v Maf Tuning Help

hello to all.. so as the title says im needing some help with maf calibration on a freshly stroked and cammed 3v. At first on initial startup i was having issues with getting the car to idle it would run but only if i had my foot on the gas and above 2000 rpm at the time i couldnt think of what the issue might be seeing as i calculated for and changed engine displacement disabled vvt since the cam is locked out. i thought that calculation would take care of maf and fueling parameters but i wasnt thinking at time that the cam would affect the maf and how much are at a given state that it was measuring. so long story short I have HpTuners software 3.x and my ford beginners book and seeing as i was having issues with getting the car to idle with the startup tune i did what was needed under section c.340 and went in to try and cal the maf but when i tried to chart the maf voltage ltft and get it to populate it would not the only thing i could pull up was the maf volts sensor and it while it was scanning it wasnt picking up anything but i did get the car to idle for 10 min was waiting thinking it would populate but no. so i went in to the editor and noticed that the maf adaptation was disabled so i enabled this and after a reflash the car would not start but the maf volt was showing in scanner although it wouldnt populate like it shows in the book with maf ltft.. question is where can i find the maf ltft so i can calibrate the maf and is their anything else yall can think of that i might be doing wrong and that might help.. all help will be greatly appreciated.. attached is idle 292 maf tuning first startup no populate.hpllog

Tuner in Training
    Good afternoon you will need to invest in a good wideband (I use zeitronix) reason it data log as well.
    Up date your software beta 4.5.4 which should be The latest

thnx sly i have an aem i guess i should have mentioned that and prob should have been logging it.. during this idle afr was 14-14.8 with 14.08 commanded.

Tuner in Training
    Do yourself a favor can your wideband log in lambda if so use lambda and update you vim suites to the latest beta

think i found what i was needing right here ☝️.. only other question is do u have any idea on what u think may be keeping the car from running after the reflash? also i was looking and cant seem to figure out how to update my software where do i do that?