Thread: 2006 gto in a 1972 gto

Potential Tuner

2006 gto in a 1972 gto

I have a 1972 GTO that has a 2006 GTO 6.0 in it with the 4l60e the issue I am having is it has this valet mode in it where you have to turn the ignition on then shut it off then start the car if you don't do that car has very little power I have ordered my hp tuner just wondering if anybody has ran into this and if so where will I look when I get my tuner up and running thanks

Once you have it, you will have to read the computer so you can view the file. Make sure you have the required credits as well so you can license the computer when you save your changes.

It may or may not put the VCM editor into basic view so double check that under the edit tab once you have the file open. Click edit, view and switch it to advanced so you can see all the tables.

Under the OS tab there will be two VATS (anti theft) patches that you will want to disable. Set them both to disable and save the file. Now you have to write this change back into the computer for it to take effect.

This is very important here, ANYTIME the vats is under the OS the computer must be written with a "Write Entire". The changes will not work if you do "write calibration only". Past that all your other changes can be a calibration only write.

Like after you do the VATS disable, say you want to disable other related codes for EVAP, rear o2 sensors or whatever. Those changes can be saved and then written back with a calibration only write.

I'm unaware of a valet mode but for sure being a swapped vehicle you want the VATS disabled so it would start and run without a hiccup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you can't wait to get started