Thread: 6L90 trans converter lock up

Potential Tuner

6L90 trans converter lock up

Does anyone know if you can lock up the converter with the hp tuner on a 6L90 trans

You mean like as a command with like a scanner function?

Otherwise the 6L90e does use a lockup converter and depending on the application will lock up in probably 4 out of the 6 forward gears.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    My trans builder said the converter needs to be fully locked up and that it?s not from the factory

Modern torque converters are designed so that they can have slip. He's right and maybe wrong at the same time, the converter can slip or has to slip and then can be locked at various points/speeds/gears. Factory calibrations will lock the converter and even while locked have a minor allowed slip.

You couldn't lock the converter 100% of the time, it wouldn't run if you did.

What converter did you buy?

And to be honest, you really need to know what you are doing when it comes to the 6 speed auto transmission for tuning. Someone with lots of experience would be wanted to really dial the calibration in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok. Awesome for all the help. I?m going to have the trans tuned by some one else but need to find the right tuner. I want to make sure this one can do everything I need it to do. I already bought one that all he can do is change the shift pressures