Thread: help!!! newbie with a weird tune

Potential Tuner

help!!! newbie with a weird tune

hi im new to hp tuners ,i got it thinking my tuner would make a few tunes i can change street track etc.well past 2 days ive been doing more than that,attached
    is my tune file it is not original its the last tune he put on it,the car starts idles 12.0 rev goes 16.0 super rich idle lean if i tap throttle log shows kr if i touch the throttle barely,tried pulling 15% from ve table and 3 degrees no change ,the car has the following mods
    sloppy stg 2 cam ,ported 853 heads,pac 1218s,ls6 intake,ngk7 plugs ,gt45 turbo ,air to water intercooler,decapped truck injectors 80lb i think,340lph pump and pump 93 only no e85 here.also a efi source 3 bar map sensor and is suppose to be speed density i think,
    the car is a 99 corvette 5.7 a4 trans circle d 32-3600stall.
    hes super busy and canr get to it for a while and i want to get it working,it actually ran and drove with the 1bar map and decaps with the turbo no boost.after new 3 bar map thing its dead put in gear no power idles like crap very rich wont move just dies its junk lol.any help or advice the tune is attached or if someone has a similar set up im all for copy paste save write hahaha,thanks mike
    something is off and i cant find it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    heres one quick idle log and few revs it seems ok past 2000 rpms under its not good,ar is 12 or 11 when its revved past 2k rpm below the af is 12 idle 16 touching throttle and it pauses then rpms go up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mjl1977; 08-14-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    def need more fuel running way too lean

You mean rich. Negative fuel trims means it's pulling fuel.

Good luck with decapped injectors is all I'm saying. Fueling is always going to be a struggle to truly dial in.

MAF isn't failed right, MIL error need to be on first error. Open loop EQ ratio shouldn't be set to 1.00 for every cell. The VE is way too fat if it's pulling -30% on the fuel trims.

Min fuel milligrams will likely have to be cut in half to stop the rich idle problem. That is tons more work with a wideband to really fix everything.

Not to be a dink either but paragraphs and full sentences make it far easier to read that one giant wall of text with only comma's separating the jibberish.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    check for vac leaks

Tuner in Training
    sorry I thought when it is in the neg it was too lean

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You mean rich. Negative fuel trims means it's pulling fuel.

Good luck with decapped injectors is all I'm saying. Fueling is always going to be a struggle to truly dial in.

MAF isn't failed right, MIL error need to be on first error. Open loop EQ ratio shouldn't be set to 1.00 for every cell. The VE is way too fat if it's pulling -30% on the fuel trims.

Min fuel milligrams will likely have to be cut in half to stop the rich idle problem. That is tons more work with a wideband to really fix everything.

Not to be a dink either but paragraphs and full sentences make it far easier to read that one giant wall of text with only comma's separating the jibberish.

haha ,always typed that way and i dont type often,thank god right

is there a certian setting to fail a maf?
    and how do i find what the eq ratio is supposed to be?
    i dont know alot about this but i suspected that ve table was off a ton this thing will choke you .
    and what is a min fuel milligram i dont see that setting and when i find it whats the normal starting point.
    i feel like the timing is off too.i may be looking at the table wrong but it looks high.

im hoping to learn this ,i did suspect there was something off with setting it up for sd....anywho thanks for the reply.

if i knew the proper settings to fail the maf
    and run sd and just start over with a real basemap and scan and log and tweak making it fun instead of whatever this tune is I feel this would be a better experience for me ,i didnt do this btw
    Last edited by mjl1977; 08-15-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Tuner
    First 3 DTCs for MAF need to error on first, that will fail the DTC part the other is MAF hertz set to 0
    I haven't looked at your tune yet, As 5FDP said the fueling will be a problem with decaps.
    Go buy a set of ID or FIC injectors, you won't regret it
    Last edited by DougO; 08-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    First 3 DTCs for MAF need to error on first, that will fail the DTC part the other is MAF hertz set to 0
    I haven't looked at your tune yet, As 5FDP said the fueling will be a problem with decaps.
    Go buy a set of ID or FIC injectors, you won't regret it
    I know about decaps having idle issues I'll get something different in the future ,budget life.

The thing I'm confused on is prior to switching to 3bar map sensor and new tune he added, the car ran I could move it,and that was swapping smartfire 60lb injectors with the decaps and not tuning for them.

I drove it in a circle in my neighborhood lol . After the tune and 3 bar it's just awful. I am really trying to figure how to make a base map since what I have clearly isn't or maybe my computer is bad?

Tuner

Potential Tuner
    THANKS ,i followed along and made changes to put it in sd. didnt do anything with ve table since i dont have stock table only the one that was added in last tune.

pretty much all i have to work from is whats in it now,im sure the setting i changed from this video will help though,thanks again

Tuner
    if you want to see stock settings, go to repository and download a stock file, then look look at both with compare. you will be able to see what all has been messed with.