Thread: I am new, I searched first

Tuner

I am new, I searched first

Just wondering, real quick... Need a base tune for a 1999 chevy suburban k2500 7.4L I did the 0411 PCM swap and pcmpowertune.com hooked me up. It went well until things got fishy... It shifts awesome under normal conditions. WOT it shifts like theres rubber bands for a transmission. Then it wouldn't shift into overdrive at all. I looked over every wire twice. I contacted him and he said that since he gave me a 1998 wiring schematic that they are different. I printed both off and checked every wire color with pin number. ALL THE SAME. He will no longer contact me. I want to start from scratch.... There are a few more things I need to do to it. SOOOOO....... Anyone?

P.S. I spent almost $400 for a crap tune with a pcm. I wouldn't go that route. Junkyard PCM with your own tuner, same price plus you can screw with it. pcmpowertune.com is not my friend and I hate that there is nothing I can do about it except tell everyone to not waste your money... He promised he would take care of me and it is actually worse than the black box I had from the factory.....

I'm not buying the tuner until next week... I need to use my play money and it isn't payday..... Thanks again guys

Tuner
    when you get your obd2 adapter , you will be able to read/extract tune file. then you can post said file here for others to assist. you can download the software now, and learn some of it until you can purchase adapter.