Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5Th Gear no power

Tuner in Training

5Th Gear no power

I have a 2017 Camaro SS that is pro charged. Whenever I enter 5th gear on WOT the car dies and doesn't really recover. Anyone have any ideas? Torque management is disabled. I have attached a 1\4 run from last night.full pass.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You start losing fuel pressure in 4th gear around 6200 rpm, you are commanding an overly rich a/f, leaning it out a bit will help with that. your eq error gets up to 14% and at the top of 4th gear your a/f goes to 10.0

Bummer, he can't even log boost with a 1 bar map nor is he logging knock retard or any torque channel to see what it going on.

I highly suggest you don't disabled torque mngt if you know what is good for you. Especially the peak torque table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks will try leaning it out a bit on the top end. As far as boost I log it externally, I peak 10.4 around 5500RPM. And I have started to log some torque channels not sure why I wasn’t before...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter3763 View Post
    Thanks will try leaning it out a bit on the top end. As far as boost I log it externally, I peak 10.4 around 5500RPM. And I have started to log some torque channels not sure why I wasn’t before...
    Add soi and eoi as well.

What's the fuel setup on this car?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Add soi and eoi as well.

What's the fuel setup on this car?
    Will do thanks! Supposedly LT4 im hoping the shop actually did it. I regret not doing it myself everyday... I guess well find out when I lean it out a bit and make a pass again if fuel pressure is still dropping ill check the injectors and high side to make sure they were changed. They also say they did the in tank pump but I highly doubt they did.

Advanced Tuner
    Will do thanks! Supposedly LT4 im hoping the shop actually did it. I regret not doing it myself everyday... I guess well find out when I lean it out a bit and make a pass again if fuel pressure is still dropping ill check the injectors and high side to make sure they were changed. They also say they did the in tank pump but I highly doubt they did.
    They could have done the work but never tuned for it, don't fret too much. If it really is an lt4 setup it should be able to keep up with your 10psi on 93 no problem if the settings are correct. Care to post the tune?

Tuner in Training
    They could have done the work but never tuned for it, don't fret too much. If it really is an lt4 setup it should be able to keep up with your 10psi on 93 no problem if the settings are correct. Care to post the tune?
    Makes sense thank you! Here it isAdjustments use this.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Makes sense thank you! Here it isAdjustments use this.hpt
    So just to clarify, do you have lt4 injectors, hpfp, and intank?

Tuner in Training
    So just to clarify, do you have lt4 injectors, hpfp, and intank?

Supposedly he put all of that in. I want to believe he did because I would probably have run out of fuel earlier in the run?

Advanced Tuner
    Supposedly he put all of that in. I want to believe he did because I would probably have run out of fuel earlier in the run?
    Just checking because some of the values in the tune aren't utilizing full potential of the parts.

I've made some changes to make your lt4 injector and hpfp settings match that of a 2018 zl1. The flow data was there, but the column axis was incorrect on several of the tables.

You can increase the hpfp requested if necessary if the lowside will keep up beyond what's in this table as well.

Adjustments use this_lt4settings.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Just checking because some of the values in the tune aren't utilizing full potential of the parts.

I've made some changes to make your lt4 injector and hpfp settings match that of a 2018 zl1. The flow data was there, but the column axis was incorrect on several of the tables.

You can increase the hpfp requested if necessary if the lowside will keep up beyond what's in this table as well.

Adjustments use this_lt4settings.hpt
    Thank you very much I appreciate it a ton!

Tuner in Training
    So I went up to the track today with a revised tune. Fuel is much better but I'm detecting some knock during the pass I believe it's false what do you guys recommend for sensitivity for a procharged car with headers?pass 2.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Your knock sensors are already desensitized a good bit, but it may be a good idea to 0 out your static retard tables. I would log soi and eoi on your setup as well.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have any new thoughts on this I’ve tried everything now and have a feeling it’s something stupid I’m maybe missing?

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have any new thoughts on this I’ve tried everything now and have a feeling it’s something stupid I’m maybe missing?
    It just takes some time. Keep dialing in your fuel till your wideband matches what your tune is commanding. You should be aiming for .85 at WOT.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    It just takes some time. Keep dialing in your fuel till your wideband matches what your tune is commanding. You should be aiming for .85 at WOT.
    Running .85 at WOT on 10psi of boost seems abit hot no? Thats what I have my NA setup running at currently.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BDPhoto519 View Post
    Running .85 at WOT on 10psi of boost seems abit hot no? Thats what I have my NA setup running at currently.
    .85 is considered safe on a boosted DI engine.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Advanced Tuner
    Give us some fresh logs. Let's see what it's doing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    .85 is considered safe on a boosted DI engine.
    Wow... I would of expected much richer, most of the big 5th gen tuners online have been recommending closer to .78 I found. What do you typically run for NA setups then?

Thanks