Thread: Looking for advice or a good tune for 2002 Tahoe for hauling

Tuner in Training

Looking for advice or a good tune for 2002 Tahoe for hauling

I have a 2002 Tahoe 1500 with 5.3 auto that I just use to tow my boat. Was wondering if anyone has a good tune I could look at to try to make more power for pulling my boat. Or possibly some advice on what changes to make to help with more power for towing. I have searched the repository for any aftermarket or professional tunes and all I could find was stock tunes. Thanks for any help!! My email is [email protected] if you would just like to send a good tune to get some ideas from. Thanks again

Post your tune so we could see what your working with.

Tuner in Training
    here is my Tahoe tune. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    There are a lot of things that can simply be changed to gain some extra power, first would be the PE delay, add timing to the top end of your spark tables, quite a few trans parameters can be modified.

Going to 4.10 gearing would do wonders too for towing a boat.

I'd error on the side of caution for timing, leave is rather lax if the engine is always going to be under load. PE delay and settings can surely be altered to help. Don't expect more than a few horsepower if you command around a 12.0 AFR and mild timing. You are limited by the very average stock camshaft.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Nobody has an aftermarket tune or shops tune I can take a look at to see what they are doing for better towing power and exactly in what areas??? Thanks for any help!!!

You're kinda asking too much for what in reality can really happen.

A tune alone isn't just going to give you 30 horsepower and make towing your boat better. You are welcome to learn this software and make your own changes though but don't expect much on a stock engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    message me and ill send you something.... tell me what you're looking to gain. I can have a solid tow tune in 10 minutes.