Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 GTO LS2 6.0 in a classic car

Tuner in Training

2006 GTO LS2 6.0 in a classic car

I built a wiring harness for a guy to put an LS2 6.0 E40 and T42 tcm in a classic Pontiac. for whatever reason he cant get the injectors to fire from the computer? He has 10 volts at the pink wire of the injector, I have already talked to him about making sure the injectors are all pined right and in the right spot, they are. Still will not start. They can jump the injectors with a power probe and the injectors will open and spray fuel. He has 58 psi on the rail. It will run if he sprays starting fluid in the throttle body. Sent me back the computer I tested the injector circuit with a node light, the computer is sending the signal. He hooked a TACH up to that wire and he is getting a signal, which tells me the crank sensor is working. Is there anything anybody can think of that would not let the injectors fire?
    Thank you for any input.

Is VATS turned off?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ya vats are off in the OS and the codes. Would the TCM have separate vats? I flashed them both together the first time, but when he sent me just the computer back I flashed it again just to make sure.

Nah, the TCM doesn't have VATS.

Just the PCM has to be done with a write entire for the two VATS patches to make it stop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ya i didn't think so. All the vats are gone just a matter if the injectors not firing. Like I say they can run it with starting fluid.

I think the computer sends a ground signal to fire the injectors. May be a ground wire is left off somewhere.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    After looking at the car, the injectors fade out as it cranks, down to nothing, have spark. I have a noide light one the #1 injector and it fades out as it cranks.
    Are there any other vats then in the operating system, and the dtcs?
    Please help anyone with ideas?

Edited the post and going to try and post the file.

las vegas.hpt
    Last edited by Holdensbizz; 08-22-2019 at 07:18 PM.

It would be interesting to see if it is the voltage fading during cranking or the ground. It could point you at the reason for the fading.

Does he still use the Maf ?
    Does he have a GTO gas pedal ?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    It would be interesting to see if it is the voltage fading during cranking or the ground. It could point you at the reason for the fading.
    I have checked that. The voltage remains 12-11 through cranking, so its defiantly on the ground side of the circuit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Does he still use the Maf ?
    Does he have a GTO gas pedal ?
    He is using the MAF, I believe it is the one from the gto, I'm not sure on the pedal. I tried to start it with and without the pedal and the maf, hoping in would fall back onto the map tables.
    Also the throttle body is not working, so that leads me to thing its not the right pedal. The car this engine came out of had an interior fire.
    Thank you, for your help.

Also could doing a "write entire" cause the ecm to brick?

Tuner in Training
    is there anyway to make the engine run completly off the maf tables?

Tuner
    Sounds like it might be wired wrong. The feed for the injectors needs to be powered ,run position and start position,sounds like its wired through a acc wire out of the switch,the power would go away in the start position but come back in the run position.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 89 Caprice 6.0L View Post
    Sounds like it might be wired wrong. The feed for the injectors needs to be powered ,run position and start position,sounds like its wired through a acc wire out of the switch,the power would go away in the start position but come back in the run position.
    Thanks for your input. Its not in the wiring, I wish it was . I have checked and rechecked the wiring, everything pins out and ohms out correctly to an all data E40 ecm pinout.
    Is got to be something is not happy on the MAP sensor side of things. I get different 5-volt ref. readings at the MAP and the low ref, has ground through to the block. The MAP is not reading on the scanner as well. IF it dosen't see the MAP signal it wont start. That's why I was hoping to run off the MAF tables only

Is it the correct Service Number ECM for a 2006 (12596679)? Do you know for sure it came from the donor car or was it just supplied by the scrapyard and claimed as such (they could have grabbed one from a pile)?

Alldata usually gets things pretty close but they're not 100% on everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Is it the correct Service Number ECM for a 2006 (12596679)? Do you know for sure it came from the donor car or was it just supplied by the scrapyard and claimed as such (they could have grabbed one from a pile)?

Alldata usually gets things pretty close but they're not 100% on everything.
    Thank you, for the input.
    It is the correct service number. I do believe that the ECM and TCM came out of the same GTO, however the GTO had suffered a cabin fire. So the pedal is from a different car, and come to find out its not the same part number as the vin. With or without the pedal hooked up the engine should fire. It wont, I rechecked the harness to the pinout you gave me its the same as the alldata and also the wiring harness is correct to the pinout you attached.
    Could the cabin fire brick the ECM some how?

There are some throttle fault situations that will cause the ECM to disable the injectors, though the manual doesn't describe exactly under what conditions that happens.

Tuner in Training
    Would/could that also causes a strange grounding of the 5-volt ref. to the MAP? I have noticed it the diagrams that the 5-volt for the MAP and the APP share the same 5-volt.

They do not share a 5v ref, look closer. MAP 5v is C2 #35, APP1 5v is C1 #35.

Tuner in Training
    yep your right. that makes since. Ive looked at diagrams so much my eyes are crossed. Plus I don't know if it silver/gold throttle bodys are also wired different, or a glitch I found in alldata. guess you have to eat crow when the diagrams your going off of are wrong.

now it starts after switching the throttle motor wires but it wont rev, yet... rechecking diagrams yet again...