Thread: Exhaust Cam Timing Commanding diffrent then tune

Tuner in Training

Exhaust Cam Timing Commanding diffrent then tune

2013 Dodge Challenger RT automatic
    Whipple, 392, hellcat cam

The problem I am having is with the exhaust cam timing. The only time it will do what is programed in the tune is during WOT. At idle and cruise it does not follow what I have programed. You can see in the datalog that at idle it is commanding 125 even though it should be 133 and then off idle under any kind of cruising or decel its always commands 126.9. Is there something in this tune that I am missing?

Previously this car had a custom ground cam in it with a limiter. We took out the limiter and put in the Hellcat cam. We did this so that we could hopefully get the EGR/VVT monitor to show ready for a smog test. However since it never moves from the commanded 126.9 when cruising, thats never going to happen. We already put in a new computer and started a new tune with the same result.

I at first thought it was a mechanical problem with the cam gear but then i noticed that the commanded was not what was in the tune.

Attached is the current tune along with a datalog of it.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like it's following the max TIP table?

Try changing that around and see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I realized that right after I posted. I just copied the normal table to the MAX TIP table and now its doing what I want. Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    did changing the max tip table get the monitor to set?