Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.7 engine in 5.9 truck with 5.9ECU

Banned
    Getting closer and closer to getting this wrapped up for you

Tuner in Training
    Cheers mate. Really appreciate all the effort. I know its not a simple task.

Banned
    Certainly not lol. Some 6000+ parameters to go through to set it up to run like it would as if it were a 6.7 ecm! Trying my best to squeeze it in between everything else I got on my plate. I?m really hoping to have it finished for you within this next week here. I?ll toss in some better transmission shifting for you as well.

Tuner in Training
    Cheers for that. Sorry for the late replay have been crazy busy the last week with everything at work. The other file that was posted has worked good enough for us to get the truck moving and for us to drive around the shop but still rough on cold start and very noisy idle. Looking forward to seeing how your file will run in the truck.

So jim, you are saying i could run 6.7 injectors with no issue in my 04.5 5.9?

Banned
    If you get 6.7 injectors to seat properly sure you can run them in a 5.9. Some say you can?t some say you can, some say they won?t fit properly without modifications and some say the will. I didn?t have any issue with it when I tried. There had to be tuning adjustments, stock 5.9 tuning it was blackout smokey and a bit rough on startup. I had issues later on down the road but those issues were due to having the FCA failed and limping the truck 350 miles home like that, the high pressure for that long damaged the injectors and eventually they started sticking open.

As for I gathered from the OP and what I?m working on when I can, and is slower than anticipated, is he wants his 6.7 engine to run just as it would on a 6.7 ecm, minus the emissions stuff and minus the vgt turbo. Being it?s on a 2006 5.9 ecm and from what I?ve gathered from the OP, the way some of the tables intersect needs to be altered and all the gains, slew rates, sensor scaling, etc needs to be converted to what they are in a 6.7 ecm. There?s a lot of parameters to go through and not all parameters use the same conversion between the ecm types!

Tuner in Training
    Just seeing if you have anything close at all??

Banned
    Getting close 👍🏻 Driving cross country next two days, once done traveling I can put a lot more focus on it to get it done.

Tuner in Training
    No worries at all.