Thread: Vortech supercharged C7 pauses after shifts at wot. No dips on the throttle

Advanced Tuner

Vortech supercharged C7 pauses after shifts at wot. No dips on the throttle

Supercharged C7 with a forged short block. Car runs amazing and feels very strong. Made over 700 on the dyno but when shifting at wot the car stops pulling. First thing I check is the throttle to see if the ecm is closing it. No, it shows a clean full throttle pull with no dips. The timing dips but that is pretty normal during a wot shift. Car has been doing this since we installed the supercharger. I tried tuning the trans too thinking it might have been torque management through the trans. Same issue. I ran it with the traction control off too. It makes the drive a little hairy because power comes back in after the weight transfers back to neutral which causes the tires to spin again. Any idea? Is it the torque tables? Trans issue? Torque management? I know I'm missing something simple.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your out of injector
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    100% out of injector.....the guy ran way to much E in the car. Car does the same thing with 93 in it though

Tuner in Training
    Any resolution on this? I’ve got a supercharged C7 doing similar.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BuggyMasters View Post
    Any resolution on this? I’ve got a supercharged C7 doing similar.
    have a log of it happening? We would all just be guessing and throwing random suggestions until we can see whats actually going on with the data.

Tuner in Training
    I’m pretty sure I have mine figured out. Looks like the silicon hose on the intake tube was collapsing. I have a resolution coming.

Tuner in Training
    I’m pretty sure I have mine figured out. Looks like the silicon hose on the intake tube was collapsing. I have a resolution coming.
    Which blower kit is it and what kind of RPM are you turning the blower? Done plenty and have only ran into this issue one time and it was on a pretty significant pulley set up.

Tuner in Training
    It’s an A&A kit but certainly not their problem. Whoever owned the car before me decided to put on an “awesome looking cold air intake setup” at least that was likely their point of view. The A&A kit uses the stock air box with a modified lid. They barely have any gap thus a short tube. The abomination that was on this car used about a 12” piece of silicon tubing to connect to the air filter itself…literally to the rubber snout of the air cleaner….so that’s silicon tubing wrapped around the rubber inlet of the filter itself. Think about that for a sec…it was a true shake your head moment.

I was doing some more logging the other day to try to figure out what was going on and almost got stranded when “something went” and the car would barely move. Popped hood and found the tube sucked completely closed as it pulled off of the rubber inlet for the air filter and collapsed itself. The logs kept showing the boost just falling off to nothing. Well…no air in equals no air out. I’ll post back once my air box gets here and I’m able to verify everything.

Senior Tuner
    It’s an A&A kit but certainly not their problem. Whoever owned the car before me decided to put on an “awesome looking cold air intake setup” at least that was likely their point of view. The A&A kit uses the stock air box with a modified lid. They barely have any gap thus a short tube. The abomination that was on this car used about a 12” piece of silicon tubing to connect to the air filter itself…literally to the rubber snout of the air cleaner….so that’s silicon tubing wrapped around the rubber inlet of the filter itself. Think about that for a sec…it was a true shake your head moment.

I was doing some more logging the other day to try to figure out what was going on and almost got stranded when “something went” and the car would barely move. Popped hood and found the tube sucked completely closed as it pulled off of the rubber inlet for the air filter and collapsed itself. The logs kept showing the boost just falling off to nothing. Well…no air in equals no air out. I’ll post back once my air box gets here and I’m able to verify everything.

I've had that happen more than a couple times.. Even with short 90's elbows. Good job catching it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've had that happen more than a couple times.. Even with short 90's elbows. Good job catching it.
    Gotta admit it was a tough find. If it hadn’t completely come off I may still be looking for it! I knew it would show its face eventually.

Tuner in Training

Nice catch. Makes sense with what the previous owner modified. Never understood why some people try to make changes to a set up that works perfectly fine as is.

Tuner in Training
    I got the airbox all setup..the air filter that was on the car from the previous owner is nowhere near what works with this box so gotta wait till morning for the new filter. I’ve got a stock filter but I just assume get it all knocked out in one shot. More to follow.

Tuner in Training
    Ok got everything put back together and it’s back to hauling ass. I ordered a stock airbox from LG, used it with a K&N filter and all is good. Take note of the picture A&A shows in their instructions of the connection to the air box. I actually gained a little boost. If anyone has an A&A setup and you choose to go with an aftermarket air box, any length of that silicon tube at the airbox, more than what you see in that pic, you stand the chance of choking off the air supply. Mine is proof on the pudding, the amount of air draw is crazy. You can’t see it from that pic but there’s no more than an inch distance between the factory airbox lid and the silver inlet tube on the right side and maybe 3 or so on the left side (when looking at it from the passenger front wheel). With this setup there’s not much room for things to collapse. If you go aftermarket and your silicon tube runs all the way into the airbox, that’s a lot of flexible silicon tubing and lots of room for the head unit to suck it closed. Hopefully this post helps someone else out who’s wondering why they’re not getting any boost.