Thread: log from test and tune

Tuner in Training

log from test and tune

could some one please help and take a look at a log I took from local test and tune and see if what I am seeing is right.. car left a bit sluggish off the line and log shows acceleration a bit sluggish and timing ramps up then as it comes down acceleration seamed to pick up I have to get the 1-2 shift point down quite a bit more than I expected it touched the limiter but overall the car did good just wondering if I could help it out the hole just not sure how. car is on e50 because 91 is the only fuel we get around here and it sucks so I blend to get better octane but it didn't respond as I expected to an increase in timing. any help in very much appreciated..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you change out your map sensor from stock to a different one? At 6500 rpm, your map is at 79kpa? I would think it should be around 100+ if it is not boosted. At the same rpm, your commanded afr is 10. That is wayyy too rich. I don't see a wideband input so who knows what it actually is? Your IFR table doesn't look right. You need to log cylinder airmass. If your car is na, you will not pick up much from e50. Plus, you have only added 1 degree in the upper rpm's and I don't think the trigger is met with 50% alcohol.. I didn't look.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    The ifr table is untouched from stock. And I believe the commander afr is in the 10s because it changes based on the ethanol content sensor changing stoich. And 79kpa is from the elevation with is 5600 and da usually around 6500+. I hate elevation

Quote Originally Posted by 02sson20s View Post
    The ifr table is untouched from stock. And I believe the commander afr is in the 10s because it changes based on the ethanol content sensor changing stoich. And 79kpa is from the elevation with is 5600 and da usually around 6500+. I hate elevation
    I'm in Colorado and 81kpa is the best I've seen yet.. makes me mad just thinking about how much we're missing out on up here lol.

I've always wondered about WOT timing up here and how our tunes should reflect that since we only reach a certain airmass on the timing table. I'm a noob so I won't be much help with your issue but just thought I'd vent about altitude and get it out of my system for the day lol.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUEEGIO View Post
    I'm in Colorado and 81kpa is the best I've seen yet.. makes me mad just thinking about how much we're missing out on up here lol.

I've always wondered about WOT timing up here and how our tunes should reflect that since we only reach a certain airmass on the timing table. I'm a noob so I won't be much help with your issue but just thought I'd vent about altitude and get it out of my system for the day lol.
    I hear you there I found that I have to be lower on airmass with the timing table I hate when someone asks what the car runs due to altitude it’s about a second and a half slower that sea level.

Do you have any runs where you logged cylinder air mass? without it we cant really tell where you are on the spark table, also a wideband is a good tool to have when logging drag strip passes.
    You have a lot of timing through to about 4000RPM, just because its not knocking that doesn't mean more timing is adding power but a dyno is really the only way to tell for sure.
    That altitude does really suck for NA cars, basically losing 20% of your horsepower.

What mods does it have? And what are the numbers from the time slip?
    Last edited by Xjas; 08-19-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner in Training
    It?s a 09g8 gxp k&n intake, kooks long tubes and off-road x pipe, gxp muffles, zl1 converter and Texas speed stage 1 cam, btr double springsand v2 trunions. 12.99 at 110 with a 2.0 60ft I am not sure why i wasn?t logging airmass I have my timing map loading on my graph
    Last edited by 02sson20s; 08-19-2019 at 08:49 AM.