Thread: Session Logged as One Big Lap

Potential Tuner

Session Logged as One Big Lap

I read the sticky thread to explain Trackaddict can show one big lap. In my case, app worked fine for 2 sessions, but for two session it went into this mode. I did not make any changes. I use external GPS, which I made sure that signal is green.

Now that I have this large one big lap, is there a way to fix it ?

This usually comes from a GPS issue or a timing point set wrong. The latest update to TrackAddict (v4.3.7) includes some improvements to help keep this from happening in other cases.

There's not presently a way to recalculate laps within the app after this happens, but it may be possible to use RaceRender to do that for you. After transferring the session data into RaceRender, click on the "Laps" button, and if it doesn't automatically fix it for your lap times you, you can click the "Change Start/Finish Point" button, then drag the slider to your desired point and you can also change the tolerances to help it detect better.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    This usually comes from a GPS issue or a timing point set wrong. The latest update to TrackAddict (v4.3.7) includes some improvements to help keep this from happening in other cases.

There's not presently a way to recalculate laps within the app after this happens, but it may be possible to use RaceRender to do that for you. After transferring the session data into RaceRender, click on the "Laps" button, and if it doesn't automatically fix it for your lap times you, you can click the "Change Start/Finish Point" button, then drag the slider to your desired point and you can also change the tolerances to help it detect better.
    Thank you. This does not fix my sector to sector comparison problem. Wish the Race render has that functionality.

Potential Tuner
    After installing v4.3.7 pro, I had the same issue. Each of my track sessions this past weekend recorded with no lap times. I selected the correct track (Sebring Raceway), ensured I had a good GPS signal and was connected to my OBD device. I did not have this issue with the prior version of software used on the same track either this year and last year. Is there some additional setup that needs to be completed to enable lap timing? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CaymanR View Post
    After installing v4.3.7 pro, I had the same issue. Each of my track sessions this past weekend recorded with no lap times. I selected the correct track (Sebring Raceway), ensured I had a good GPS signal and was connected to my OBD device. I did not have this issue with the prior version of software used on the same track either this year and last year. Is there some additional setup that needs to be completed to enable lap timing? thank you
    There haven't been any changes to Sebring's timing points in a while, so it was unlikely to be the update. Please make sure that you are in Circuit mode, the correct Sebring course configuration is selected (be sure to answer "Yes" when prompted to use its default timing points), and that you are on the Record screen when driving the track.

After a recording fails to pick up your lap timing, you can see if it was a GPS problem or not by opening the session and tapping on the Detail button, then looking at the quality of the driving line plot... If it's all over the place (diverging from where you actually drove on track), especially near start/finish, then that's definitely a GPS reception or quality issue. In that case, optimizing GPS reception is key, but sometimes you can only do so much with a phone's internal GPS inside the confines of a metal vehicle, so a bandaid fix is to set the track's start/finish timing point Tolerance to "Wide".