Thread: 4l60e will not shift

Tuner in Training

4l60e will not shift

I figured out how to compare files and it looks like there have been a lot of changes made compared to a stock 2002 Camaro file. Is there a way to transfer a stock trans file to my tune? I also keep getting a tps sensor code that I think has something to do with the no shifting. I hate this stuff and wish there was a REAL tuning expert in Riverside ca area. Ive taken this truck to two different tuners with no luck. Taking it to a 3rd tuner on the 22nd and getting tired of throwing money in the trash.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    P0121?

Also yes you csn copy paste one part if a tune to another
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is the p0121. I have a fast LSxr intake and a 102 mm throttle body and I am using the tps provided with the throttle body. I just pulled out the painless wiring harness instructions and it provides the part number for the tps they want me to use so I'm going to order one now and put it in so I know it is the correct sensor. Maybe that will help. My hp tuner shows the tps sensor at 0% at idle and seams to read nice and smooth all the way to WOT at 100%. So I cant imagine that it is a faulty tps sensor. But I don't know anything about this stuff. I have done a Coyote swap and atleast 5 ls swaps and never had any issues until this possessed truck. I just had the transmission rebuilt by a shop I have been using for 15 years and I have never had a bad transmission. They want me to bring it down to check out the transmission before my tuning appointment on Monday but ive been waiting for 2 weeks for the appointment and don't want to miss it.

I assumed I would have to go in to each section and copy and paste it to my tune and then write it to the computer. Just seams very time consuming to change 20 graphs back to factory. I was hoping it would be faster. thanks for the reply.

Advanced Tuner
    Big cam?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...510#post101510

EDIT: if its a big cam as stated in the link go into diganostics > airflow > min map at 0 and max at 100
    Last edited by anniversaryss; 04-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.

If you want to make something, say like a transmission "Segment" back to factory specs or copy a whole segment of like tunes over to another it's as simple as like 4 clicks.

Files have OS's, normally if the OS is the same it's faster. Many times a car and truck OS will be the same for a given year on many P01 computers.

You take your file and open it, click the compare feature, open the file you want to copy information from, click compare again and scroll down to view comparison log. In the new box, collapse all the boxes, right click the transmission icon and you can "copy over all differences".

I do this when I want to put something back to stock on an engine or transmission side.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Big cam?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...510#post101510

EDIT: if its a big cam as stated in the link go into diganostics > airflow > min map at 0 and max at 100
    It does have a LS street stock cam and I've looked at the specs and it does have some overlap.

Just to make sure I went to the engine section/ then to airflow/ and I have Map characteristics with two sections MAP sensor Linear and Map sensor Offset. My linear is set at 94.43 kPa and my offset is 10.33 kPa. Are these the correct areas to change to 0 and 100?

The link was interesting as well thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Not its under the engine diagnostic tab next to engine. Then click airflow

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Not its under the engine diagnostic tab next to engine. Then click airflow
    Under my engine diagnostics tab I only have a list of DTCs. All the p0100 codes that I can turn on and off. I'm not sure if it is different in the Hp tuner vcm suite version and the older hp tuner program. If there is a difference I have the newest edition of the Hp tuners I believe it is the vcm suite version. The original one wasn't available anymore. I wonder if the layout is similar but changed in some areas.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you want to make something, say like a transmission "Segment" back to factory specs or copy a whole segment of like tunes over to another it's as simple as like 4 clicks.

Files have OS's, normally if the OS is the same it's faster. Many times a car and truck OS will be the same for a given year on many P01 computers.

You take your file and open it, click the compare feature, open the file you want to copy information from, click compare again and scroll down to view comparison log. In the new box, collapse all the boxes, right click the transmission icon and you can "copy over all differences".

I do this when I want to put something back to stock on an engine or transmission side.
    Thank you after messing with it a little longer I did figure it out. Didn't realize if you click on the top left corner it highlights the whole box. Copy and paste is much faster now. Thank you. I'm comparing my tune to a stock 2002 Camaro tune and a lot of my columns have been changed and my numbers are a lot higher than the stock file. I'm afraid to change all of them back to the stock settings but If it makes it drive like a stock Camaro Id be super happy. NO shifting is not fun.

Advanced Tuner

Switch to advanced view under the edit tab, all tables will be available then.

Basic view needs to stop being offered, it's useless.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I thought about this wasnt sure

20190416_195235.jpg

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys it was in the basic view and I changed it and it is now visible. my min is at 55 and max at 65 so ill try those changes to see what happens. I wouldn't imagine that would cause the no shift issue or is it not shifting because of the tps code?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand New Classics View Post
    thanks guys it was in the basic view and I changed it and it is now visible. my min is at 55 and max at 65 so ill try those changes to see what happens. I wouldn't imagine that would cause the no shift issue or is it not shifting because of the tps code?
    Yes TPS has as much to do with shifting as many other things. If you read my link badically the pcm is confused on where the throttle is

Tuner in Training
    torque converter manufacturer called and said the no shift was there fault. they forgot to weld the clutch plate inside the torque converter. transmission got rebuilt again and I now have 1,400 miles on the new trans and it shifts amazing. engine is amazing. thanks for all the help.