Thread: 2002 gmc sierra 2500 6.0 LQ4 Speed Density

Potential Tuner

2002 gmc sierra 2500 6.0 LQ4 Speed Density

just starting with tuning doing a speed density i got most of my fuel trims within 5% just trying to get some power out of it any suggestions from checking out tune ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't expect much being stock but you can and for sure want to switch up your power enrichment settings. Should help with the knock retard you are seeing too.

Lower the enable torque to 50%. Lower the hot/cold throttle pedal enable to like 50-60%. Remove the 60 second time delay, set it to zero. Lower the rpm delay to 1,800. I'd leave the EQ ratio like it is, that is a good target AFR for torque. Raise the enrichment ramp in rate to 2.000.

That should help it get into PE much smoother and could help lower the knock allowing it to run more timing. Around 20-24 degrees on a stock engine, stock cam is a good spot to be for WOT timing.

Past that it's minor change for how you want it to drive, shift etc etc. There isn't much you can do without adding mods that will create more power. The truck is so damn heavy it needs more power to make it "fun". That or swap to some really aggressive 4.56's gears.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

made suggested changes

made suggested changes woke up on launch highway feel the same looking to make mods soon rear end and cam will be first just trying to understand full tuning concept i get the fuel trims i copied the timing tables from an 03 ss silervado so that was a blind change with no understanding of it

vepeon.hptsundaytop.hpl

You got balls taking the stock driveshaft to 120mph.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.