Thread: Changes made to tune for LT4 hpfp and injectors? Just need to get it to the tuner.

Tuner in Training

Changes made to tune for LT4 hpfp and injectors? Just need to get it to the tuner.

Greetings...... Finishing up adding a Whipple to an L83 2018 Sierra. I went ahead and upgraded to an LT4 pump and injectors. Can someone direct me on the changes to make to the tune for the LT4 upgrades? I just need a basis so I can get to the tuner 10 or so miles away. I figure I can lock the bypass open so I won't hit boost on the way there.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I changed the injector size to 140.7 and it fired right up (after the rails refilled). Idled it around the block and it seems fine. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Just confirming that the change noted above is all that's needed when installing LT4 injectors and HPFP. Obviously some fine-tuning and tweaking, but in general to get the vehicle running initially.

BTW, @pmoore4321 your YouTube videos were inspiration for me to retro Flex Fuel into my '16 Suburban. Now I'm running out of pump and injector...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    Just confirming that the change noted above is all that's needed when installing LT4 injectors and HPFP. Obviously some fine-tuning and tweaking, but in general to get the vehicle running initially.

BTW, @pmoore4321 your YouTube videos were inspiration for me to retro Flex Fuel into my '16 Suburban. Now I'm running out of pump and injector...
    I?d get a BAP to help supplement your fuel. Make sure you wire it in the after the FPCM and use a Hobbs switch, otherwise you'll blow the fuse on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Deff. gonna need an aux pump on the low side to keep up with the high side now.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD