Thread: JTEC+ write failed

Tuner in Training

JTEC+ write failed

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9 JTEC+ Fails during a write attempt. Message displayed Controller unlock timed out / write failed.
    Have you guys been successful writing to the JTEC+ ECM? I successfully wrote the VIN to the ECM with my scanner after installing it to the truck. I read the Tune with my MPVI 2 but I can't write to the ECM. Do you guys know if the MPVI interface performs a write on the pin 6 receive SCI line? I monitored the transmit and receive line with a breakout box and seen data transfer on Pin 6 (SCI receive) momentarily and continuous data transfer on pin 7 (transmit SCI)

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue with JTEC on my MPVI2. No matter what vehicle, if it's JTEC it shows the same problem (I'm tuning a lot of JTEC Jeeps). I've contacted support but they thought that was problem with just a specific vehicle and didn't undestand that the problem is with the protocol and my MPVI2. Ultimately I'm tuning with another MPVI2 borrowed from a friend. }
    Hope there is a solution, because I can even tune my personal Jeep.

Tuner in Training
    SSuazo am I understanding this correct? You have been successful writing to JTEC with another HP interface but not yours.

Tuner in Training
    I would like to update you guys who have read this thread. I have read and wrote to the JTEC+ ECM with a loaned MPVI 2, I borrowed from a friend. My issue is a defective MPVI 2. I have emailed support to resolve the problem.
    Last edited by one bad '010; 08-18-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I've had no problem writing a 1999 JTEC. I hope you get it figured out.

Potential Tuner
    I am looking for a stock file for a 5.9. If anyone has one that I could download that would be much appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Manual or auto Trans?

Tuner in Training
    Here's a manual trans tune I downloaded before I modified the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by one bad '010 View Post
    I would like to update you guys who have read this thread. I have read and wrote to the JTEC+ ECM with a loaned MPVI 2, I borrowed from a friend. My issue is a defective MPVI 2. I have emailed support to resolve the problem.
    Keep us updated with this. Currently I'm doing the same, reading and writing with a loaned MPVI2

Tuner in Training
    Here's a stock 5.9 auto tune. It is a little different from the 1999 manual tune. The 5.9 manual tune has more timing in the EGR graph, but it also pulls more timing out in "critical spark" timing chart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=ssuazo_97;699836]Keep us updated with this. Currently I'm doing the same, reading and writing with a loaned MPVI2[/QUOT
    Sorry about the delay to this reply. i haven't been on the forum for a while. Hp Tuners replaced my Interface. Problem resolved no trouble writing to Jtec any longer.

Advanced Tuner
    Replaced it with a 3?

Tuner in Training
    It was replaced with a MPVI 2+

Advanced Tuner
    So they still have some nib 2 huh

Good to know thx

Potential Tuner
    Any one have a error with Jtec on MPVI2
    Can't license
    Jtec+ECM.png

Potential Tuner