Thread: Need help with my 228r cam

Potential Tuner

Need help with my 228r cam

i've been slowly learning how to self tune and so far i'm doing a pretty shit job at it even after reviewing numerous videos and forum posts. i'm hoping to drive my car again before the fall semester starts in a couple of weeks.

Mods:
    LS1
    LS6 243 heads
    LS6 intake
    LS6 injectors
    TSP 228r cam
    7.400 PS length
    TSP longtube headers
    TSP rumbler exhaust
    Granatelli 88mm maf

If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate the help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by z28dave View Post
    i've been slowly learning how to self tune and so far i'm doing a pretty shit job at it even after reviewing numerous videos and forum posts. i'm hoping to drive my car again before the fall semester starts in a couple of weeks.

Mods:
    LS1
    LS6 243 heads
    LS6 intake
    LS6 injectors
    TSP 228r cam
    7.400 PS length
    TSP longtube headers
    TSP rumbler exhaust
    Granatelli 88mm maf

If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd greatly appreciate the help.
    My suggestion is to watch Sloppy Mechanics video titled How To use HPT 101 and watch it a few times. I followed his suggestions for my stock '01 Camaro and I picked up a 10th in the 1/4 mile. Good luck.

Look up how to VE and MAF tune to get your fuel right.

If you don't have a wideband, get one as soon as possible and get it into your logs so you can start fixing the fueling.

Add things like knock retard, cylinder airmass, commanded AFR, injector pulse width avg for both banks to your logs because that is stuff to know.

That's not a very wild setup, so it shouldn't take a long time to fix the MAF curve and VE tables with a wideband. Past that, doing idle corrections and timing adjustments will come much easier when it's not fighting a fueling problem.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.