Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had a dog and its name was smarty

Banned
    No dodge diesel allows reaching max commanded torque in the case of 2010+ or max commanded fueling in the case of the 5.9-early 6.7. Not the goal OEM. Rich from Dog House showed back when EFILive first came available for the dodge on the 2006 5.9 that 50hp gain can be had just from timing alone. But still, to bother adjusting or ?smoothing? a pulsewidth table for stock injectors... let?s remove injectors and pay $120/hr for mapping each 6 stock injectors so a person can dial their pulsewidth table in exactly to their injectors, but they are stock injectors, there is margins of manufacturer tolerances and flow isn?t exactly the same between each injector so let?s pay $$$ to get stock injectors flow matched first then the custom pulsewidth mapping at $120/hr and in the end find that in the beginning the injector pulsewidth table probably really wasn?t that far off to begin with. Lots of money down the drain for stock injectors just to bring in a balance rate from 1-3% to a 0.5-3% balance rate and really not gain much of anything for the money spent. Then the ecm accounts for balance and compensates on its own anyways, constantly adjusting for injectors that might be 1% more flow or 2% less flow than others. Point is, for the average Joe with a stock truck, just leave the table alone and increase duration up where needed to achieve you goals. There is no need to get extremely elaborate in minisucule microsecond adjustments across that entire table for the average Joe out there. The pulsewidth table is pretty close to what a stock injectors flows given the massive amount of variables out there for a mass production item.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    No dodge diesel allows reaching max commanded torque in the case of 2010+ or max commanded fueling in the case of the 5.9-early 6.7. Not the goal OEM. Rich from Dog House showed back when EFILive first came available for the dodge on the 2006 5.9 that 50hp gain can be had just from timing alone. But still, to bother adjusting or ?smoothing? a pulsewidth table for stock injectors... let?s remove injectors and pay $120/hr for mapping each 6 stock injectors so a person can dial their pulsewidth table in exactly to their injectors, but they are stock injectors, there is margins of manufacturer tolerances and flow isn?t exactly the same between each injector so let?s pay $$$ to get stock injectors flow matched first then the custom pulsewidth mapping at $120/hr and in the end find that in the beginning the injector pulsewidth table probably really wasn?t that far off to begin with. Lots of money down the drain for stock injectors just to bring in a balance rate from 1-3% to a 0.5-3% balance rate and really not gain much of anything for the money spent. Then the ecm accounts for balance and compensates on its own anyways, constantly adjusting for injectors that might be 1% more flow or 2% less flow than others. Point is, for the average Joe with a stock truck, just leave the table alone and increase duration up where needed to achieve you goals. There is no need to get extremely elaborate in minisucule microsecond adjustments across that entire table for the average Joe out there. The pulsewidth table is pretty close to what a stock injectors flows given the massive amount of variables out there for a mass production item.
    I am betting you will argue against anything. Ryan Milliken will tell you that increasing rail 1% increase HP 1%. Do you have a counter argument to that?

What ever your answer is, it doesn't matter. You win, I am out. Maybe one of the trucks that I have tuned will cross paths with you and a truck at a dyno or sled pull. Maybe my truck and I will line up next to you at a race this year. I highly doubt it, as I don't get the gyst that you actually have diesel performance in your interest.

FWIW, I do know not to put 6.7 injectors in a 5.9, they won't seat correctly. And, no one gives two sh!ts about any calibration completed with anything via the Smarty platform.

Banned
    Lol. Yea I?m done too. I and others have personally used 6.7 injectors in a 5.9 engine without modification without issue. Some have had luck with it, some have not, it?s not a damn perfect world. I?ve had my own fails and accomplishments and have done what others claim it?s purely impossible. But hey, let?s start comparing each other and other ridiculous BS against someone that has been called out numerous times on stealing and using other peoples work as his own, profiting off others work without consent and make the claim it was for ?learning purposes?. The people that randomly appear out of the wood works with their BS I just amazing.

Banned
    Let?s just feed everyone BS like ?hey, you want the best tuning ever done by yourself, just mash the hell out of that smooth button on every table in the ecm, that?s the secret to great tuning right there?