Thread: getting spark retard in mid range,p59 swap with flex from 0411. 2 scans 1 tune inside

getting spark retard in mid range,p59 swap with flex from 0411. 2 scans 1 tune inside

81819.hplkid drag 3.hpl2005 chevy express 4.8 4L80e segment swap flex from avalanche flex 3 bar custom OS partial tune .hpt

First scan is with the P59. I've been logging some spark retard 3600 rpm and lower. This timing is lower than the other scan(kid drag 3) which I didn't log any spark retard. My flex spark adder is 4 degrees. There might be something I'm missing but kinda feel I'm pulling more timing than I should have to. Could be wrong.

Also I've been trying to dial in my ve or at least get it somewhat and then let my stft take over but it seems to be always wanting to target 14 or higher when cruising. When I get into PE and then BE it makes a huge jump and my errors are far less. This is with 40% alcohol and I think the scanner was saying I should be targeting 12.4 give or take. I've already added fuel a couple times but with no change.

Tuner
    It might be the torque reduction for gear changes in the engine torque management side try halving the table
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Well, before I could try anything the trans is acting funny. The torque converter has a stall but driving on the street or normal drive bing it will start to move the truck around 1500rpms. Now the truck doesn’t seem to want move at all. I am using a matched p59 and 4l80e trans from a 2005 pullout. My truck is an 02. Is there any wires on my 02 harness that needs to be changed so the 2005 p59 ecm and 2005 trans gets the right signals? I’ve looked at lt1swap and compared Pinouts. I’m not completely sure if a 2002 harness will work.

Tuner
    you would have to compare the 160 pin outs side by side, try and print them out and work through them methodically
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning