Thread: AFR error graph without MAF?

Potential Tuner

AFR error graph without MAF?

So I want to create a graph in scanner to log AFR error % during driving conditions. The tuning school shows how, but only with MAF settings, and I only use the VE table. I have disabled the MAF setting, and don't use one.
    I don't want to use a MAP and RPM graph, because there isn't anywhere in editor to plug those numbers into after I have a corrected %.
    Do I use the EQ RATIO vs MAP setting under BE in editor? And if so, the graph in scanner would be column axis is MAP 3 bar (I am using a 2.5) and the column row is Equivalence Ratio Commanded (sensor) in AFR gasoline?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...al-VE-Vehicles)

That thread shows you what to do for a VE AFR error.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I don't want to use a MAP and RPM graph, because there isn't anywhere in editor to plug those numbers into after I have a corrected %.
    If I am wrong, then where do I put those numbers?

I guess I am confused at what you want to do.

The VE AFR error has to use the two axis in the VE table to adjust fueling.

Power enrichment and boost enrichment are commanded values. Those numbers should never change unless you wish to command a different value.

You have a target value (commanded AFR/Lambda) and you have the actual value the wideband it spitting out. The error that graphs creates is applied towards the VE (fueling) to correct the table where it's required.

If say above 4,500rpm the engine was lean by 5%, you don't add fuel to the power enrichment EQ ratio to make it richer. Instead the correct way to do it is to add that 5% worth of fuel in the VE table at the correct map value and rpm value.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I feel stupid now. My VE table in editor has RPM on top and MAP on the side. The instructions have those flipped. Works much better now. Thanks 5FDP.

Potential Tuner
    does it really matter if Rpm is on top or side ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rics71 View Post
    does it really matter if Rpm is on top or side ?
    If you want to be able to copy error data and paste it into a table in the editor, yes, it very much matters.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you ! and not to confuse myself . i want the rpm on the side and map on the top to read error ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rics71 View Post
    Thank you ! and not to confuse myself . i want the rpm on the side and map on the top to read error ?
    You want the layout of the graph to match however the table is laid out in your tune file. If it doesn't, when you copy/paste special the data will get applied to the wrong cells and you will get really mad that none of your changes seem to be making a difference.

Use the "copy labels" function on your VE table to create the axes on your histogram, that way they will match and you can copy and paste special straight from your histogram to your VE table.

Use the "copy labels" function on your VE table to create the axes on your histogram, that way they will match and you can copy and paste special straight from your histogram to your VE table.