Thread: Lap Counter does not count laps.

Potential Tuner

Lap Counter does not count laps.

I've spend a few days learning RaceRender and can setup up gauges, maps, and a green screen. However, I can not make the standard lap counter counter show more than the first lap number. The input data file is from a Garmin 520 bicycle unit with GPS and speed. The data is a Criterium race 29 times around the same 3/4 of a mile course, so start and finish is the same point. It works in Dashware, but I am trying to migrate to RaceRender. Here is a video of a typical race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwjrUGw7D4 Can someone explain the basic configuration on how the Lap gauge needs to be configured. Thanks.
    Last edited by Master60+; 02-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Since it isn't a known race track, you may need to manually set the start/finish line. It definitely helps that it is the same point since RaceRender seems to handle circuits much better than point-to-point (though it does have single lap support for point-to-point). You might find a little more information here under the "How to Fix Missing Lap Numbers & Times" section.

If you get exact lap times (perhaps in a printout after the race), you can enter them in the Lap List dialog under the "Laps" button next to the "Create Video" button (don't see documentation on this at the moment). If you're technically inclined, then you could even add them to a raw CSV input file using the RaceRender Data File Format as noted under the Advanced Features > Precise Lap Times & Separate Lap Info header which is the same format as the Lap List.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Since it isn't a known race track, you may need to manually set the start/finish line. It definitely helps that it is the same point since RaceRender seems to handle circuits much better than point-to-point (though it does have single lap support for point-to-point). You might find a little more information here under the "How to Fix Missing Lap Numbers & Times" section.

If you get exact lap times (perhaps in a printout after the race), you can enter them in the Lap List dialog under the "Laps" button next to the "Create Video" button (don't see documentation on this at the moment). If you're technically inclined, then you could even add them to a raw CSV input file using the RaceRender Data File Format as noted under the Advanced Features > Precise Lap Times & Separate Lap Info header which is the same format as the Lap List.
    Thanks for the pointers HoboBob. Work will keep me from doing much RaceRender this week, but I wanted to acknowledge your help now.