Thread: Detect Controllers And Get Basic Info Failed

Potential Tuner

Detect Controllers And Get Basic Info Failed

I am green as grass to HP tuners. . .

But I have a problem. I have mpvi2. I purhcased it from summit with 4 universal credits as I see that my 2007 Titan needs 4 credits to unlock the pcm. . . I see that my credits show up as available when I click on suit information in th ehelp tab of the vcm editor. Yet, when I click on read pcm I get the message "Detect Controllers And Get Basic Info Failed". I checked that mpvi2 is fully plugged into the port.

Again I am very new to hp tuners. But, what am i doing wrong?

edit: in am using a windows 7 dell laptop. i have been in the dsm scene and have old cdm drivers from ecm link that I purged.
    Last edited by mscampbell33; 08-19-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I did some digging and found another 2007 nissan situation that may relate. . .
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ot-read-07-G35

So I downloaded beta to no avail. still get the same message. Why won't my hp tuners package connect to my pcm out of the box???

Potential Tuner
    Update. . .

I plug in to my 2006 dodge Grand Caravan, and can read the pcm. VCM scanner works as well. . . So what have I done?!! Have I bought a tuning system that doesn't work with my truck?!! The website is very clear: mpvi2 works with my make/model. . .

Is my pcm "locked"? . . . Like a previous owner had a tune put on it? my truck used to be used for towing from what I see. . .
    Last edited by mscampbell33; 08-19-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I think Im posting in the wrong subforum

Potential Tuner
    Update. . .

This is for anyone wanting to use hp tuners for a Nissan Titan. The website says that select pre-2007 Nissans are not supported. Well, I have a 2007. I just got response from the work ticket I opened that my pcm is not supported. . . Hopefully this will help others out their searching.

And I was told that I wouldn’t get a refund. Even thought their website and Summit Racing’s website (where I purchased the product) said 2007 is supported.

Tuner in Training
    Summit won't return it?