Thread: TrackAddict recommended Qstarz GPS gives useless results

Tuner in Training

TrackAddict recommended Qstarz GPS gives useless results

I have a Qstarz BT-818xt, I set it to use 5hz and 10hz, I disabled the GSV data, so it is just using GSA, RMC and GGA in it's NMEA sentence. (with the Qstarz program)

The attached picture is the path it and TrackAddict think I took on my morning commute. Qstarz support people are saying TrackAddict is the problem and I should try Racechrono, but Track Addict page recommends this device.

Can anyone tell me how to make it work, or if it is junk? When I tried it just using my phones gps it seems like TrackAddict works perfectly.

thanks,

69299194_1099133360272415_8640812551250116608_n.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Further to that, they are suggesting that this data from track addict is wrong becasue Track Addict is making mistakes. Does this make sense to any one?

image.png

I regularly use the BT-Q818XT as my primary GPS at the track, always with great results, and have done so for about 4 years now. It's hard to say what's happening here without seeing the raw NMEA coming from it, but I haven't seen this type of issue with these GPS'es before. Is your unit a recent purchase? Perhaps they changed something in newer versions...

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I purchased it a few days ago. I think it must be faulty but the qstarz support team are blaming the apps.