Thread: tps question

Potential Tuner

tps question

In the scanner after i connect to the car and log the tps show 11% . if i hit throttle it goes up ,but if the car is on at idle or off key on not touching pedal scanner
    shows same 11% or 11.7%.

Is this normal ? im thinking its not and should be at 0 ,this may be part of the tuning issues im having.
    being new to this fun stuff i figured id ask. what do you think?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl1977 View Post
    In the scanner after i connect to the car and log the tps show 11% . if i hit throttle it goes up ,but if the car is on at idle or off key on not touching pedal scanner
    shows same 11% or 11.7%.

Is this normal ? im thinking its not and should be at 0 ,this may be part of the tuning issues im having.
    being new to this fun stuff i figured id ask. what do you think?
    Should be at 0 and go to 100 percent when the throttle is fully opened. What is the TPS voltage with your throttle closed?
    Mine is at .76 and I think that is causing problems for me

Im getting a new one tomorrow I will let you know what it reads
    Last edited by stangman105; 08-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stangman105 View Post
    Should be at 0 and go to 100 percent when the thrrottle is fully opened. What is the TPS voltage with your throttle closed?
    Mine is at .76 and I think that is causing problems for me
    Not sure of voltage ,It didn't show that only %.
    I did tap on the tps lightly and the number changed to 17% engine off ,started it up it's @9% and actually runs better but not good 😁

Potential Tuner
    I checked the the voltage shown in the scanner it's 0.00 all the time does not increase ,tps still same 9% or 11% ,pedal position 0% @ idle