Thread: 2006 6.0 gto in a 1972 gto valet mode

Potential Tuner

2006 6.0 gto in a 1972 gto valet mode

ok guys im new to this tuning and I just went out and did 2 logs to try and figure out how this valet mode is activated and what it is controlling so to start I bought this car and the owner tells me it has a valet mode that you have to turn the key on then shut off then start the car if you start normally it goes into valet mode and has no power and he is right start car normal and under light throttle up to about 30% throttle feels ok any more throttle then that and it falls on its face in the log of this I see it is cutting timing but that is about all I see question is what should I monitor to see what is happening I looked at ETC power reducer to see if it was coming on it is not in operating systems both security systems are disabled any ideas would be greatly appreciated when not in valet mode this thing is fun to drive specially after I did some advance adjustments and fuel enrichment tune really getting to like this system

There is nothing whatsoever in the GM service manuals about a valet mode for a 2006 GTO.