Thread: No Error Reported VS. No MIL Light ...??

Potential Tuner

No Error Reported VS. No MIL Light ...??

Will I notice or run into any issues if I leave my emissions DTCs such as EGR, AIR and etc. as SES "Checked" with 'No Error Reported' VS. SES "Unchecked" with 'No MIL light'? ... Essentially isn't the outcome the same or am I misunderstanding something?

If you aren't running those parts just set everything to no error reported with the SES box unchecked. That way they won't appear when you read the codes even though the check engine light isn't on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The only thing ive noticed checked vs unchecked is of you have it unchecked it may not make your ready monitors auto ready. But havent 100% confirmed this.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you aren't running those parts just set everything to no error reported with the SES box unchecked. That way they won't appear when you read the codes even though the check engine light isn't on.
    That's how I had it before but I was just curious if I'd notice any performance issues going into the future if I just left them as checked and No error Reported. ... It'll take me 30 seconds to uncheck them so I'm not worried about it. This is more of a "What If" question than anything else.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    The only thing ive noticed checked vs unchecked is of you have it unchecked it may not make your ready monitors auto ready. But havent 100% confirmed this.
    Oh .. I guarantee you that the readiness monitors won't show complete if I un-check the corresponding DTCs. ..lol .. I confirmed it. Big bright "NOT READY" in red or it shows something not installed when according to my VIN, it should be present. .... Basically, I'm done with the emissions stuff at this point. I'm just wondering if there's really any point in un-checking the DTCs.
    Last edited by WS6Rampage; 08-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Good to know
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi