Thread: Charging help

Charging help

Wondering if theirs a way to get full alternator duty all the time? I am aware of the 9 different types of parameters of charging cycles. I just installed a 300 amp alternator for my audio system with multiple batteries thanks.

Your alternator will get hot very quickly running full blast at 300 amps for very long.The enamel on the stator wires and the diodes in the rectifier won't like living with that much heat. I'm also not sure but I doubt that it'll ever put out 300 amps at idle RPM. Probably will take 1500 to 2000 RPM but I'd ask whoever designed or sold you that big alternator.

Rick

Sorry I put it out there wrong by duty cycle i ment i would like my voltage to stay at 14.4 it's a mechmen Hi output and it's stock output at idle and full out put at 2,000 grand I also understand that the system in the tbss was designed for performance but it bothers me when I'm rolling down the road or sitting in traffic and the voltage gauge reads from 12.5 to 13.5 to 14.4 I know that the system is working correctly however is it possible to see full voltage not amperage.

Why don't you ask here? ---> https://www.mechman.com/contact/

Potential Tuner
    Aplexpres,
    Did you find out how to set the volts?
    I am trying to research the same thing for my audio build too.